Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: wildwood brakes

Registered Member

Member #:1756

wildwood brakes

is any one out there running manual brakes with the wildwood 261-13626 wildwood 15/16 bore master cylinder and the wildwood 4 piston disc brake calipers on front and rear of their tri fives? I currently have the wildwood disc front and rear but have the cpp master cylinder with the 11/8 bore and 7 inch booster and not enough vacuum so I'm thinking of switching to the manual setup and would like to hear some feedback. any response would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Registered Member

Member #:571
    I'm not, but I've seen on other forums where some were pleased with that setup. Just tried to find a link to one of those but my search turned up empty.

No doubt it will be better than what you have now. Question is whether you'll like the feel of the brakes. Definitely will be better.

Registered Member

Member #:3273
    NASCAR uses disc brakes, do they have power disc? Granted their cars may not weigh as much but the brakes, though highly developed, seem to stop pretty well.

Member #:115
    Do they even use the brakes in NASCAR?
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Banned

Member #:2775
    Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    Do they even use the brakes in NASCAR?
    On the short tracks, and road courses of course they do with the rotors glowing red hot. No power brakes either. Ever seen them pull into their pit box? I'm sure they have great brakes, and they fit inside a 15 inch wheel.