Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 56 Safari Wagon Project

Member #:1653
    To my knowledge, once you pass the allotted time limit to edit, that's all that can be done. Your other issue is "PHOTOBUCKET". See if you can find those images and I'll try to see what Sid will allow to be done.

Registered Member

Member #:3018
    Thanks Nick, I have the photos on my computer, so re-uploading them and re-linking them will not be an issue.... I was using photobucket before I knew they were going to hold the internet forum world hostage.... I've tried using my amazon prime and google accounts but I can't seem to get them to work properly. I'm currently using Flickr (but they were just bought out my SmugMug), so I'm not sure if that will keep working either.... I'm just trying to keep the thread updated so people can see the progress of the build and follow along.

Registered Member

Member #:1806
    You might want to check with photobucket again. At some point after I paid what they wanted, I got an email saying the fee has been dropped to $99 per year. Its not for ebay listing and such, just personal and forum use, and from what I understand the photos would reappear, but I'm not for sure about that part.
    http://photobucket.com/p500/?utm_sou...20Free%20Users
    Last edited by LEE T; 05-01-2018 at 02:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 56Safari View Post
    Thanks Nick, I have the photos on my computer, so re-uploading them and re-linking them will not be an issue.... I was using photobucket before I knew they were going to hold the internet forum world hostage.... I've tried using my amazon prime and google accounts but I can't seem to get them to work properly. I'm currently using Flickr (but they were just bought out my SmugMug), so I'm not sure if that will keep working either.... I'm just trying to keep the thread updated so people can see the progress of the build and follow along.
    I use SmugMug and Flicker with no real issues so far. If you have time, PM me and we can set up a plan to edit your images.

Member #:115
    If the images are on your computer, why do you even need a hosting site? I upload pretty much all of my pics straight from my hard drive. I have pics on Facebook (free) that I can just cut and paste here.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Member #:530
    I upload pretty much all of my pics straight from my hard drive.
    Yep...me too.

Really enjoying watching this Safari come back to life. Stay with it man...you're building a special kind of wagon that will be a people magnet at car shows, etc.
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    If the images are on your computer, why do you even need a hosting site? I upload pretty much all of my pics straight from my hard drive. I have pics on Facebook (free) that I can just cut and paste here.
    I would guess that he doesn't want to regenerate that whole thread but replace images.

Registered Member

Member #:3018
    Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    If the images are on your computer, why do you even need a hosting site?
    I've been trying to keep the pics all in one central place on the web, it makes it easy to show family members, and the many people I only see once or twice a year on the road... I'll try doing both and upload pics for the thread directly

I made a little more progress yesteraday, I was getting slowed down just trying to locate the spot welds on the rear brace. Once I picked up a stripping disc like 567chevys recommended it started making it easier to find them under the rust without scratching the surface metal.
    Then I ran into a heaping gob of seam sealer, so I used a heat gun and putty knife...

IMG_1024.jpg

IMG_1025.jpg

The putty knife also helped me separate the spot welds (occasionally surrounding rust was still holding the panel tight) and also helped me quickly see where they were getting hung when they were just barely clinging on.... I found another mouse nest under the brace between the cargo floor and the rear of the floor pan.

IMG_1029.jpg

IMG_1031.jpg

I'm going to have some minor repairs on the brace, but I think it should be salvageable.. If not, its in good enough shape to bend up a new replacement. My golden star toe panel came in, and oddly enough it was shipped in weld through primer and not the black edp coating. Hopefully my SPI stuff comes in this afternoon. I need to start thinking about/draw up plans for what I'm going to do for the rear cargo floor. I would like to go with a flat cargo floor, and include some sort of access panel to the top of the gas tank if possible, I also need to think about where I'm going to mount the battery because I don't want it sitting under the hood.

I've been trying to keep the pics all in one central place on the web, it makes it easy to show family members, and the many people I only see once or twice a year on the road..
    Just use Facebook...it's free.

Other vehicles:

1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S

I need to start thinking about/draw up plans for what I'm going to do for the rear cargo floor. I would like to go with a flat cargo floor, and include some sort of access panel to the top of the gas tank if possible
    Here's what I did....

05110001.JPG

20060802_033.JPG

20180212_014.JPG

20170606_002.JPG

I also need to think about where I'm going to mount the battery because I don't want it sitting under the hood.
    Mine is behind the passenger tire.

20071002_999_12.JPG

20090301_1254.JPG
    Last edited by chevynut; 05-03-2018 at 11:45 AM.

Other vehicles:

1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast