Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: 56 Safari Wagon Project

Registered Member

Member #:1806
    They say 7 days for cure, but it keeps curing for several weeks, but after 7 days its not likely to be chemically open enough to accept paint without sanding it. The 7 day open window for top coat is based on the items being stored inside at 70 degrees, temperature and sun will change that. How long after spraying the epoxy before you sprayed the rhino liner?

Registered Member

Member #:3018
    The epoxy cured for just over a week indoors... Then I sanded it with 80 grit before applying the bedliner.. it was actually Raptor liner now that I think about it, very pleased with it.. I only sprayed the faces of the drawers with liner, I left the insides just in SPI.

Registered Member

Good job, looks great.

Registered Member

I'm finally off the road until February!! I've picked up a lot of extra work this year so I haven't had much time to work on the Safari... In addition to the extra workload theres a possibility that I might be moving to Colorado in the late spring if a prospective job opportunity pans out I've been spending any extra time between gigs finishing up projects around the house.... I doubt I'll get much done this winter, my goal is to get the floor pan welded in and have the body mounted on the frame before I move (if it happens).

I had a couple of free hours to spend in the shop tonight so I started mounting the floor pan onto the frame with the polyurethane body mount kit... I just wanted to make sure everything fits well before its time to weld it all together... I thought this would be a quick and easy project, but I ended up spending about 2 hours chasing my tail before I figured it all out... lesson learned

IMG_2238.jpg

I placed all of the upper poly mounts in first, then put the floorpan on the frame... I worked my way from the back of the frame to the front sliding in the washers and bolting in the lower poly mounts...i I figured if I left everything loose it would give me plenty of wiggle room to shift the floor around and center it up.....It turns out the nut on the passenger side rear body mount was welded about 1/4" further back than it should have been. stubborned me figured it out the hard way.

IMG_2230.jpg

IMG_2231.jpg

IMG_2239.jpg

IMG_2241.jpg

Registered Member

Bought myself a Christmas present this week. I've been looking for a good drill press for a few years now to replace my cheap-o drill press, I just didn't want to spend $800-$1000 on one. Found this Powermatic 1150 VS on craigslist for $450... It was advertised in good shape with no runout... I drove an hour to pick it up, and that's when he told me it vibrates a lot when its running... The quill operated smoothly with no runout at the chuck so I took a chance on it. I put a new belt on it and figured out the vibration was a result of the set screw on the rear sheave being completely loose. Runs smooth now, just needs a good cleanup.

Attachment 9420
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Member

Impressive looking drill press.

Member #:530
    What a great score!
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Registered Member

Member #:3732
    Hey good score on the drill press. Are you still coming to Colorado? What part ? If anywhere close to Denver I am in Golden and would be glad to trade some help on projects.

Registered Member

Member #:3732
    Hey how do you like your pot blaster and what size of compressor do you have?

Member #:115
    55chevysedanX4 I was just in Golden last weekend for an event for my wife's business. We stayed at the Table Mountain Inn downtown.

When looking at compressors, don't worry too much about the tank size. Look at the CFM rating....that's what really matters.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast