Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Iam searching for Bel-air side spear ??

Member #:2021

Iam searching for Bel-air side spear ??

mounting clips . Do you know here i can buy these . Are they rare available etc?. Whose got a good alternative . names of places or people-companies - i can call on?If you want to send me a pm thanks for whatever you can help with bob s

Registered Member

Member #:3018
    Are you looking for a spear and mounting clips or just the clips? There are lots of places on line who have repro parts for these cars. Here's a link to classic industries site with the trim retaining clips. http://www.classicindustries.com/sho...ips-fasteners/

If you're looking for an actual piece of trim you can get piece made by Danchuk, Here's an example of a repop trim piece. https://www.danchuk.com/ItemForm.aspx?Item=711

I would try to find a local Danchuk rep if you go this route, they can usually offer better pricing than what I have seen online, and also if you open the wormhole and have to keep buying stuff, they're more inclined to give further discounts to you down the road. My guy is already hooking me up after $1200 in purchases. You can also search ebay, but prices have a wide variation and I wouldn't pay some of the cracked out prices I see on there.

just looking for the correct clips for the spear/ thanks much for the other info i'll try it.Do they make the correct clips? in repo?or Who might have some laying around to buy? bob s

Registered Member

Member #:1806
    Most of the original clips are rusted, and the little spring steel piece is broken or will soon break.
    I would suggest buying the repro clips with a threaded stud, and use a lock nut with nylon insert. That way you can tighten the nut just enough to hold the trim firmly without distorting the body panel. Also, if you need to remove the trim, it will be much easier. I have fender spears if you need them.

Registered Member

Member #:571
    Almost every place that sells repro parts for 55-57 cars has these clips, also every other clip needed to put all the trim back on the car. The quality is good.

thank you all for the tips.And the info Lee,I have everything i am going to use @ the moment,accept the hood bird and the "BEL-AIR name for both sides {midway] of the body top of the spears.I am looking for these 3 pieces. bob s