Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Nomad final prep and paint

Member #:3611
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitchin'57 View Post
    Have you tried going to a chiropractor? Your back probably needs an alignment. I have no suggestions about your front "problem".......well I do, but......... LOL
    see my bone cracker on a regular basis, as for the front I can only imagine your suggestions but we wouldn't want to offend 55RD now would we

Banned

Member #:2775
    Quote Originally Posted by BeachGirl55 View Post
    see my bone cracker on a regular basis, as for the front I can only imagine your suggestions but we wouldn't want to offend 55RD now would we
    Do you even have a tri-five?

Quote Originally Posted by 55 Rescue Dog View Post
    Do you even have a tri-five?

lol, do you even pay attention while you troll ? I have a couple 55 two door sedans ..... I was at last years Tri Five Nationals , were you ? if you want to run your mouth start a dedicated thread and I will happily respond, I prefer not to mess up other peoples threads unlike you

Banned

Member #:2775
    A couple of pictures of just your car would make a difference in promoting the site, instead of beating up on me, like some of the gang, and your specs have nothing do with nomad final assembly.
    Last edited by 55 Rescue Dog; 03-22-2018 at 05:19 PM.

A couple of pictures of just your car would make a difference in promoting the site, instead of beating up on me, like some of the gang, and your specs have nothing do with nomad final assembly.
    I was responding to Laszlo's comment on his Sciatic acting up , you don't read much do you ? as far as beating up on you, well you kind of ask for it with your constant negative comments in other peoples threads, this is Laszlo's thread so if you wish to continue your debate with me go to chit chat I started a thread just for you..... so enough of your disrespect towards the OP and trashing his thread
    Last edited by BeachGirl55; 03-22-2018 at 05:33 PM.

Member #:115
    Quote Originally Posted by Florida 57 View Post
    I have seen on builds at car shows where the stainless side moldings don`t fit correctly after different metal work was done.One recent 57 had a quarter changed and the upper and lower quarter stainless was off by one inch.
    My quarters are new and they came with holes already cut. I've held the trim up to the side of the car and it looked like it was right to me. I have one NOS piece of long BA quarter trim and a couple of pieces of good used trim that hasn't seen the road for decades.

I have also seen belt line trim being off as well.
    The beltline on the car is the original metal, so I don't think it's going to be off. I did install the upper and lower curved quarter trim and the stainless beside the liftgate. Madmook Mike did my liftgate and I fit it before it was chromed....I haven't fit it since it was done but I'm sure it will fit.

I know for a fact one has to check the aftermarket moldings as all not stamped the same.
    None of my moldings are aftermarket. I have several sets of door and fender trim.

I also understand the value behind your 56 hockey sticks and the difficulty should an owner need to purchase.(PS., should you have a few dozen sets you have no use for....LOL.)
    I did fit those pieces when I was installing the new quarters. They're the original ones from the car....and I don't have any extras.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Quote Originally Posted by BeachGirl55 View Post
    I was responding to Laszlo's comment on his Sciatic acting up , you don't read much do you ? as far as beating up on you, well you kind of ask for it with your constant negative comments in other peoples threads, this is Laszlo's thread so if you wish to continue your debate with me go to chit chat I started a thread just for you..... so enough of your disrespect towards the OP and trashing his thread
    RD does that regularly which you can see if you go back and read any of my threads that he mucks up. I don't mind a couple of off-topic posts (my posting about my sciatica was off-topic too) but to ask a question about his car he should be starting his own thread. I've told him that repeatedly but he's obviously a slow learner.

Other vehicles:

1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S

Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    RD does that regularly which you can see if you go back and read any of my threads that he mucks up. I don't mind a couple of off-topic posts (my posting about my sciatica was off-topic too) but to ask a question about his car he should be starting his own thread. I've told him that repeatedly but he's obviously a slow learner.

yea I've witnessed his theatrics in your other threads, he has no respect

Member #:227
    you want someone to help promote the site try starting with yourself, your badgering laszlo and other members every chance you get in other members threads is doing more harm to this site than anything else

I've been working on my doors and fenders and have run into an issue. While blocking the passenger fender with guidecoat I found a low spot above the wheel centerline that I initially thought I could block out until I put a straightedge on it. I never saw this before, probably because I didn't use guidecoat initially on the Slicksand and I never did block the first coat of primer. Most of it was under the two stainless pieces, but it did extend above it a little. The low spot was maybe 5" long and 3" wide. I decided to take a hammer to it and I got it a lot straighter, to the point that I figured I could block the Slicksand and get it out.

I've been blocking with 320 grit paper and I did the first sanding with it, cutting most of the K36 away and getting into the Slicksand. When I started seeing hints of DPLF epoxy I stopped and applied a coat of K36. I blocked it again and it looks like pretty much all of the low spot is gone, but I can see slight "ripples" when I look at the surface at a low angle. I'm back into the Slicksand a little and I think it's cutting at a different rate than the K36, so I feel like I need to keep spraying and sanding K36 until it's all I'm blocking.

Does that make sense? What grit sandpaper should I be using at this stage? Seems like the 320 is cutting pretty well but it may be too fine to get everything perfectly flat. However, if I use coarser paper I'll cut through it again and will have to apply more K36. Seems like a never-ending process if I use coarser paper, moving to finer paper on the same layer.

Other vehicles:

1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S

Page 22 of 38 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast