I final sanded the top edges of the tailgate today and flipped it over to spray what I hoped was a final coat of primer on the outside and I saw some "grooves" in the wet primer from prior sanding. It's a bitch sanding the sides of the tailgate bar risers without cutting too deep at the base. So I'll sand it all again with guidecoat tomorrow and see what I end up with.

I blocked the top of the hood with 320 grit and a 24" block and sanded some places with a smaller block and even by hand in the high crown areas. It looks really flat but I got some sand-throughs to Slicksand in a couple places and one or two slightly low spots so I spot-primed the top of the hood again and I hope it's the last time for that. The hood had a dent in the center of the ridge that I worked out and there's a very slight low spot on one side now. It's almost gone after blocking. I found some minor defects in the side of the hood flange that I want to address so I'll be spot-puttying and priming those spots just a little more too.

I also sanded the four inner fender flaps and spot-primed them but decided not to worry about what I'm going to do with them since I won't need them for a while. I'll just paint them myself later.

Still haven't heard from Matt so I guess I need to contact him again. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.