Custer, yes the matte clear is more difficult to shoot and it has to be right the first time, or you do it over. In fact, Matt found a spot in the hood brace today and when he tried to remove it, he screwed it up so he'll be re-doing it. It actually shows defects in the primer a lot more than I thought it would too.

Rick, we're wet-sanding everything by hand.

Today I finished sanding the body, the driver's fender, and got the tailgate sanded to 1000 grit. Matt finished polishing the top of the hood and the driver's fender and we spent a little time on sanding and polishing some small parts. He still has to do a little polishing on the edges of the hood before it's done but they're already sanded.

20181107_149.JPG

20181107_152.JPG

Tomorrow Matt is going to finish the hood and polish the body. He said it shouldn't take too long to do. He still has to spray the gloss clear on the front splash pan and touch up some minor stuff on a couple of parts, so I took the door hinges for him to paint gloss orange since I'll need them to hang the doors. Then after re-painting one or two small parts with the matte clear I can take everything home.