Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Nomad final prep and paint

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Member #:115
    Bamanomad, you said things that "make it function or look/go better" so I assumed you meant more fabrication work . I have some little details to do later but they would just be a distraction now.

Yes the tailgate hinges, hinge covers, door hinges, door hinge covers, glove box door, ash tray, and all the under-hood sheetmetal needs to be painted too. I haven't decided what color to paint some of the under-hood sheetmetal yet. And since I STILL haven't chosen the final color of the rear of the car, I can't paint some of those parts yet. I may paint some myself to keep my painter focused on the big stuff and I would rather do everything I can myself anyhow. Everything on the chassis is polished, plated, powdercoated, or painted already.

The interior panel covers and seat mount brackets, as well as all the headliner tackstrip brackets in the rear are already blasted and primed with SPI or DPLF epoxy and I don't know if I'm going to do anything more to them. I had a bunch of the interior stuff like the glove box door hinge, support arm, glove box lock retainer, ash tray, dash support rods, and everything else I could think of at the time zinc plated along with my chassis hardware. The entire pedal assembly is powdercoated, plated and assembled. All the interior trim has been re-chromed and the beltline trim has been blasted and primed (may be all covered in leather). So I don't know what the remaining "1000 incidental parts" might be.

The pimary car color is orange, with the rear of it some off-white or beige color in the stock Nomad color scheme. The engine, transmission, torque arm, and differential are charcoal and I'll have charcoal leather and paint in the interior. So I may use some more charcoal under the hood too. My interior guy suggested to eliminate the off-white and use charcoal on the rear of the car, but I'm not real crazy about that idea. So I have to figure out where else to use that color.

So I'm trying to stay focused on getting the body and the other pieces ready to paint. I'll need to choose a final rear color soon and get more paint and clear ordered after I discuss what all I need with my painter.
    Last edited by chevynut; 02-13-2018 at 08:00 AM.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax