Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 55-59 Chevy Truck Gauges

Registered Member

Member #:3154

55-59 Chevy Truck Gauges

Check out the Direct Fit gauge sets for the 55-59 Chevy Trucks. They are offered in 4 standard colors but can be customized.

http://shop.classicinstruments.com/1...uck-tach-force

Member #:115
    Needs a bigger tach....that one is just about useless, imo.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Registered Member

Have you had a chance to see one in person?

Do your tri5 Chevy (55 and 56) car gauges, and this truck gauge set have glass faces?

If it was mine I would prefer to have a large tach where the speedo is, and a digital speedo below it. Then the tach would be worth having. Just my opinion.

Other vehicles:

1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S

Member #:530
    I haven't seen one in person yet, but looking at them on your website...the pictures are small and don't allow for zooming in. You might consider adding that functionality so that a viewer can enlarge the pic to approximate size and really see the detail....
    And put more pics up. Side view, back view, any other components that come with it, etc.
    $1000 is not a simple buying decision from pics on the web...you need to be very comprehensive.
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Good points Paul, and Classic Instruments doesn't show any pics of the gauges lit up in the dark which I personally think is important.

I've asked about the glass face twice now and can't get an answer. They make a point of saying it's an important criteria for gauge selection. The competition uses a plastic face (like stock) but they use stepper motors and have LED backlighting and lighted needles. I think side-lighting sucks.

Other vehicles:

1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S

Member #:3217
    Quote Originally Posted by WagonCrazy View Post
    I haven't seen one in person yet, but looking at them on your website...the pictures are small and don't allow for zooming in. You might consider adding that functionality so that a viewer can enlarge the pic to approximate size and really see the detail....
    And put more pics up. Side view, back view, any other components that come with it, etc.
    $1000 is not a simple buying decision from pics on the web...you need to be very comprehensive.
    I totally agree with the above comments as well... and ability to 'zoom in' also implies that the base resolution of your image be high enough to provide for zooming and seeing more detail...

I personally think these are the best gauges on the market, and I've looked at a lot of them. They use modern technology including fully backlit faces, lighted needles, stepper motors, and lots of programmability. And the VHX set is $200 less than the CI setup.

Fully lit needles, backlit faces, and highly visible LCD message centers are a few of the things that you can see which set the VHX Series apart from yesterday’s traditional approach to instrumentation. A few of the features which you don’t normally see are the micro-controlled precision stepper motors, solid state sensors for unparalleled accuracy, and user-customizable display feedback, all supported by an unrivaled limited lifetime warranty which has become the standard for Dakota Digital instrumentation systems .

HDX system allows the user to select independent illumination colors for the gauge readings and needles, as well as the message centers. Calibration and personal settings are manipulated with the built-in, capacitive-touch buttons, or the available Bluetooth app for Apple and Android devices. Each needle hub is black nickel plated spun-aluminum to match the buttons. All HDX instrument systems feature dead-faced indicators (turn signals, high beam, check engine, cruise control, parking brake, plus two user-definable), and a red, settable warning light for each gauge. With our central control box, installation is greatly simplified with vehicle-harness sourced signals and supplied, solid state sending units connecting cleanly to their respective terminal.

Other vehicles:

1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S

Registered Member

Sorry for the delay for all of the questions. I am more than happy to answer any questions regarding the gauges. We are constantly taking any comments to better our daily functions and to better assist you. The tach isnt for eveyone but does allow you to view one. The lens on the gauge set is actual glass.

Im not here to bash any manufacture or anybodys opinions. Looking to present a great quality gauge to everyone who needs a direct fit aftermarket gauge.

Once again i do apologize for the delay.

Banned

Member #:2775
    Quote Originally Posted by CLASSIC INSTRUMENTS View Post

Sorry for the delay for all of the questions. I am more than happy to answer any questions regarding the gauges. We are constantly taking any comments to better our daily functions and to better assist you. The tach isnt for eveyone but does allow you to view one. The lens on the gauge set is actual glass.

Im not here to bash any manufacture or anybodys opinions. Looking to present a great quality gauge to everyone who needs a direct fit aftermarket gauge.

Once again i do apologize for the delay.
    Tach or not, your gauge set is the only one that looks the part for a tri five. If I need a tach I would just run a aux digital one with a shift light anyway, along with a rev limiter, when I don't have time to look.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast