Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: dOME LIGHT WIRING

Member #:2641

dOME LIGHT WIRING

It has been 22 years since I disassembled my 57 Chevy 210, 2-door sedan, Plus I'm 68 years OLD and can't remember as well as I used to....

How, Exactly do the wires route to the Dome light?

I've been told they run from the dome light to the driver's side, then down thru the "post" to the floor, then, somehow, forward along the floor, then to the doorjamb switches and light switch ???

Member #:115
    Can't help much with the physical routing of the wires but power comes from the light switch as you mentioned, goes straight to the dome light, then it's grounded at the door switches. The power wire goes down to the floor, under the sill cover plate, and up the b-pillar to the dome light. The driver's side ground wire takes the same path. I'm not sure, but I would think the passenger side ground wire would do the same on the opposite side of the car.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Registered Member Recycled Rumor's Avatar

Member #:3391
    I think the pertinent question is why are you asking, what are you trying to do? Is the light isn't working with one door or another than just trace the line back from the door switch towards the light. If it isn't working at all then I would work my way back to the relay from the light. There might be an easier way, but that is what I would do.