Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Classic Edge Designs, LLC Prime Custom Cars, LLC MadMooks

Thread: Nomad final assembly

Member #:115

Nomad final assembly

Thought I'd get started with a new thread for the final assembly of my Nomad. I'm doing the final priming and blocking on the body and getting it detailed out and ready for paint, which I hope happens in a couple of months.

In the meantime I decided to assemble my brake and clutch pedals. I painted the pedals with the PPG charcoal base and applied matte clear.

20170414_004.JPG

Then I installed new NOS nylon brake and clutch pedal bushings and pedal bump stops.

20170414_006.JPG

20170414_009.JPG

I found an NOS brake light switch and installed it. Finally, I machined some parts for the clutch master cylinder linkage to replace the mockup pieces and got that all put together along with the clutch safety switch. I previously had the whole brace assembly powdercoated silver along with a bunch of my other parts. It's pretty much ready to go into the car after paint.

20170420_017.JPG

20170420_019.JPG

20170420_022.JPG
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

You can see my 56 Nomad build here http://www.picturetrail.com/chevynut

For affordable C4 Corvette Suspension conversions for your car, visit http://www.classicedgedesigns.com

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax

Member #:3217
    CN, I can't wait to see the 'Marriage' between your chassis and newly painted body... It's going to be beautiful!

Member #:2442
    Looking good as usual!!

Member #:33
    looking forward too.
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

Registered Member

Member #:2643
    Over-the-top quality execution as usual, CN! After all these years, I'll bet it feels good to finally say the phrase "final assembly"!

Glad to see you back Bitchin'57 . Yes it does feel good to talk about final assembly. In fact, I just met with my interior guy today and finalized the materials we need for the whole car. We are sending 1 1/2 of the orange/tan (Ferrari Tan) hides out for perforation asap so that's a big step. He has 4 full hides left over from an abandoned project he's selling me at his cost, and we're ordering 2 1/2 more charcoal hides that he thinks will finish my car. He originally told me it should take 7 hides so I hope there's enough . He already has the charcoal wool Mercedes carpet that he ordered in bulk and we're going to order the tan wool headliner material closer to when he gets the car after I get it assembled....there's a lot of work before that.

I've been working on interior details like rear seat belts and drilling holes for wiring, etc. the past few days before I put the body on the rotisserie. I spent a couple of days trying to figure out how to install seat belts without having ugly bolts sticking out the bottom of the car but I think I figured it out. Decided to leave the rear of the console until later....gotta get this moving.

I just sprayed the last coat of primer on the roof, and it just needs final sanding which I'll probably do at his place. I need to call to make sure he can take it this year.

For affordable C4 Corvette Suspension conversions for your car, visit http://www.classicedgedesigns.com

Other vehicles:

1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S

Member #:3
    Wow ,

looks really good , glad your seeing the Finish line.I don't see how you find all the time to build the car .you must not sleep ?

Sid

1955 2 DR Post
    1937 Chevy Coupe
    2015 Chevy HD2500 duramax crew Cab LTZ
    2013 Ford Edge Limited
    1955 Chevy Nomad
    1934 Plymouth PE Coupe

Here's the batch of parts from my zinc plater. I disassembled two Nomad tailgate latch assemblies and had all the steel parts plated along with brake parts and a bunch of other stuff. While I was there picking them up I saw several boxes of car parts they were doing .

20170426_001.JPG

Other vehicles:

1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S