Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 28 of 61 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: Nomad final assembly

Member #:530
    IMHO these cars are to continually keep futzing with forever to keep us entertained.
    Oh hell yes! I agree. Now let's get to work on them boys.

CNut's way ahead of us all on his build...
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Registered Member

Member #:625
    IMHO these cars are to continually keep futzing with forever to keep us entertained.
    Oh hell yes! I agree. Now let's get to work on them boys.

CNut's way ahead of us all on his build...

Agree with all but Cnut is not ahead of those of us with finished rides, poor choice of words they are never done. since drivable and tagged I have went from TH350 to 700R4, Q[jet to 3x2, 1.94 to 2.02 Camel Humps and 12 bolt to 9.3 Olds rear on 56 and single 4 to 2x4 tunnel ram, super T-10 to TKO-600 on 55

Registered Member

Member #:3477
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmvette View Post
    Cnut will be changing things in the future as he is an engineer and likes new innovations. As time transpires the technology will become obsolete and changes to upgrade become necessary just because.

Wait until he installs the flux capacitor.

Registered Member

Member #:2643
    Did Chevynut pass away? Or did he take his football and go home after all of the smartass remarks on his build thread?
    Dave, from the old neighborhood in Jersey!

Member #:3217
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitchin'57 View Post
    Did Chevynut pass away? Or did he take his football and go home after all of the smartass remarks on his build thread?
    CN is just assimilating RD's latest compliment... it'll take him a few days to assess...

RD wrote: (in part)...
    Your wiring does look great though cnut.

Registered Member

Member #:4189
    Decent, need to accomplish something like this with mine.

Registered Member

Member #:2643
    Man, this build thread has come to a screeching halt......for a while now. Maybe it's time to move it to the Sitting and Rotting forum. Just sayin'.
    Dave, from the old neighborhood in Jersey!

Member #:3
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitchin'57 View Post
    Man, this build thread has come to a screeching halt......for a while now. Maybe it's time to move it to the Sitting and Rotting forum. Just sayin'.
    Dave ,

I have one question ? Why Did you asked for me to Delete your account ? But you come back and just knock the threads ? on the other site I notice some time back you Posted really good Stuff but Nothing here .
    I do this all out my Pocket and its not cheap , I wanted it to be a place where all could help each other. I know some are Hard headed . Even Otis has come on here and tore Lot of people on this site including me but I don't hold any thing on him in fact he was on here 3-4 weeks ago and he was Nice .
    Its Just sad that we all cant get along and help each other !!

Regards
    Sid

1955 2 DR Post
    1937 Chevy Coupe
    2023 Ford Super Duty F350 TREMOR
    2019 Corvette Z06
    1955 Chevy Nomad
    1935 Ford 2dr Slant back I have 4

Member #:115
    Sid do me a favor and clean up these past few posts by deleting them. I don't need this kind of garbage on my build thread. Bitchin' Dave likes to come here to get entertained and doesn't like it when others don't post updates, but he provides zero content here. I asked him to post his project updates here months ago but he refused. I thought he was long gone and I couldn't care less. He must have gotten bored on the other site...I just looked and noticed he's not getting much done on his project the past two months either. LOL.

I've been really busy with stuff lately but I've been working on the Nomad when I can. Just because I don't post updates doesn't mean nothing is getting done. We've built 3 C4 projects over the past few weeks, and I'm trying to finish up the 59 Corvette AME frame that we're putting a narrowed Dana 44 into. I've also been working with a laser part supplier to get parts for seat mounts andC4 conversion frames. I've been selling seat mounts like crazy and they keep me busy in spurts building them.

I just completed an injector replacement on my LB7 Duramax and if anyone has tried that you have my sympathy....it's a horrible job. Also changed the water pump and belt, rebuilt the fuel filter pump unit, polished the headlights, rotated the tires, and replaced the right front hub. That's kept me pretty busy for several days after coming back from a trip to the Black Hills in Wyoming looking at some land, spending some time in Nebraska looking for a deer hunting place, and a long weekend boating and fishing in Wyoming. We also went to Massachusetts for a week to spend time with my daughter and her family, and went to northern WA for a week. It's been a busy summer and I haven't been sitting around much.

I just ordered new tailgate bars from Trim Parts because I don't like the looks of the NOS ones I have. The quality just isn't there. The center bar and handle are nice but they're from Trim Parts. Also ordered a bunch of stainless parts from Madmooks for the tailgate and some door strikers that I'm waiting on. I got a little burned out after all the wiring I did, so I backed off a little and decided to assemble some other parts like the tailgate and doors.

Elk hunting is starting in a couple weeks and then deer hunting after that. It will impede progress some like it does every year. I really don't care.....progress is progress.
    Last edited by chevynut; 08-17-2019 at 02:03 PM.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Member #:530
    Just because I don't post updates doesn't mean nothing is getting done.
    Amen brutha.

Only have 24/7/365 to get all of life's things done. At our age, that includes slowing down at times to travel, spend time with family, and enjoy life "outside" of our old car habits.
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Page 28 of 61 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast