Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: My55 Update

Member #:2709

My55 Update

Hello everyone... It's been a while since I shared some info about my project...
    I have been wanting to put a fuel injected engine in my 55 Chev for many years. So my family got tired of listening to me talk about it. They decided to give me a down payment of $555 toward my 55 Chev project( kind of has a ring to it). In looking for a deal on either an LS or an LT, I found a used LT1 about 6 months later and started from there...Since then I went through the engine (had to replace a valve)...Designed a fuel system (which I'm sure has been used before) using the original tank taking out the drain plug and drilling the hole bigger and tapping for an angled fitting for increased flow. Used a frame mounted fuel pump with plastic fuel lines that snap together up to the front. I went to the junk yard many times for wiring pigtails, an underhood fuse box to adapt the LT1 to a 55 Chev. Soldered and heat shrank many wires. Got a CPP 500 power steering box to replace my sloppy one (and can't wait to try it). Now changing my dash with an updated radio and rearranging my gauges and decided to repaint my dash and get rid of a few scratches(Tomorrow the paint goes on the dash...hopefully it will be a good event). Also would like to add A/C but would have to find a deal...Having trouble trying to upload photos or I would show some pics!

Registered Member carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)'s Avatar

Member #:33
    sounds good.
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.