Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Ring Brothers University

Member #:115

Ring Brothers University

Here's some good stuff on bodywork, blocking, and paint. These guys have built some of the top cars and do amazing work.

https://ringbrothers.com/blog/cat/ringbrothersu
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Registered Member

Member #:2643
    Thanks posting for the link! I learned something new about wiping the filler with lacquer thinner to remove the gummy surface that clogs up the sandpaper. I'll be sure to watch the rest of the series.

Registered Member

Member #:1806
    I hope I never learn how to use bondo as good as he does, I wonder how much metal work he did on that panel that he was holding in his hand.
    I have that 3m accuspray gun and really like it for primer, and it cleans so easy in just a minute or two. There are a lot of good tips in there.

Registered Member

Member #:1806
    They did a nice job on this 48, it took 2 48s, 2 new Cadillacs, and 7000 man hours----and they are still tweaking it
    I think the front fenders and headlights look a lot like a 55 Chevy, maybe they grafted those in??
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IERdq9vIqQ8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca7XutNnoRU

Member #:615
    I am bringing up this old post to thank Chevynut for this link to Ring Brothers. Since I'm doing my first paint job this century, I wanted a refresher course on cut and buff to see if there is anything new. From the videos I learned about the 3m Perfect-it system. It consists of three different polishes labeled 1, 2 and 3. And there are color coded foam pads that match the color of the caps on the polish bottle. This system is really easy to work and does a good job. I recommend it highly.

Member #:2442
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco View Post
    I am bringing up this old post to thank Chevynut for this link to Ring Brothers. Since I'm doing my first paint job this century, I wanted a refresher course on cut and buff to see if there is anything new. From the videos I learned about the 3m Perfect-it system. It consists of three different polishes labeled 1, 2 and 3. And there are color coded foam pads that match the color of the caps on the polish bottle. This system is really easy to work and does a good job. I recommend it highly.
    I have that same system of polishes and pads. Agree it works very well.