Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Classic Edge Designs, LLC Prime Custom Cars, LLC MadMooks
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Helping "marry up" a friend's 56 HT and chassis... (What I did today)

Registered Member

Member #:3273
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick_L View Post
    I figured that following the rules - good manners and treating others with respect wouldn't last forever here. A real shame.
    My, my, there's some real pickiness going on. For no benefit to anyone.
    Not that it matters to me but to some, it seems to - Mr. Rick - All I observe is you trying to push someone's button or goad them into an argument which I see as contrary regarding Mr. Sid's rules. I don't think anyone here, including myself due to biting the bait is lily white.

Registered Member

Member #:571
    Maybe the message is shoot the messenger.

I thought Cnut's criticism of Bama Nomad's friend's car was out of line, as well as his other reactions. Maybe you don't see it that way. At least one other did. And there was more.

Member #:3217
    Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    I wasn't talking about a custom car, or what constitutes one. I was talking about the custom parts for the car that BN was referring to. My comment had nothing to do with any classes or judging.

A "custom" part is one that is not OTS. Not sure why that's so difficult for some to grasp. Cleaning and re-painting parts is NOT "custom". Buying an OTS part and bolting it on is not "custom". Even replacing a firewall with one from a supplier is not "custom" IMO because anyone can get one.

Custom is "one-off" or a part built specifically for one customer. Don't see why some of you have such an issue with discussing this.
    Lordy! Have you fellas not had ANYTHING to do except argue while I was at the TriFive nats? Calm down! All of you... I'm smiling. I didn't get angry/upset at CN having a different opinion of the word 'custom' than I do... nor should anyone else. It's interesting to discuss among ourselves how we see or understand different things (or even different words), but let's keep ourselves civil.. don't get *personal*.. *Don't say bad things about other's cars*.. (or wives/children/girlfriends/mothers/etc either!)..

CN's def of custom is FINE (for him), just as other's defs are fine for them.. We EACH have an opinion (about just about everything).. God gave us all that limited ability!

CN: My photos were to give an overall 'picture' of his car, NOT to showcase the many small "CUSTOM" parts he has made which are totally unique to him and his shop and car, but when I get a chance I will take some photos just for you...

PS. I gave the definition that most car clubs use for 'custom' in their judging guidelines; *typically* when people change their BODY sheetmetal, which puts them into a 'CUSTOM class', they don't stop there... they make MANY totally custom/unique parts in many areas of their car to show their unique customizing abilities.. and the degree to which they do that is what distinguishes the first place winners from the also rans...

Member #:625
    Maybe the message is shoot the messenger.

I thought Cnut's criticism of Bama Nomad's friend's car was out of line, as well as his other reactions. Maybe you don't see it that way. At least one other did. And there was more.
    I too felt this way, Bamas friends car did not deserve Cnuts comment.

Member #:3217
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I too felt this way, Bamas friends car did not deserve Cnuts comment.
    GUYS! Let's stop this... please. I did not take CN's comments as criticism of my friend's car... He may have 'over interpreted' or mis interpreted my use of the word 'custom' given the photos I posted (because I didn't post any detail photos of his 'custom parts'... but that's OK. I have NO PROBLEM with someone having a different opinion than my own. and Miscommunications can be corrected, but personal criticisms generally do not get corrected ... and I believe that's the reason this 'issue' (if it is one) has gone on so long. Let's keep our comments 'impersonal'... but please be an opinionated as you need to be.. we all can learn by comparing our own opinions with others, regardless of how diverse they might be..

IF this site has to have personal criticisms among a few people, then how about we have a 'FIGHTS/DISAGREEMENTS' forum, where you guys can say anything you want about anyone else (and the rest of us can stay out of it and continue reading about our cars)...??

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234