Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: 55 Conv rear 1/4 PW buttons?

Member #:3446

55 Conv rear 1/4 PW buttons?

Hi, I just joined this group. I am in the Boston MA area and have owned my 55 Conv. since 1993. It is a project and I still have not driven it. Although it is almost ready to start assembling...finally! I have driven a 55 Bel Air sport coupe since 1974 and have restored a 57 Nomad and sold it to a guy in Huntington Beach Ca in 2003. Its a harbor blue/ larkspur blue Nomad with factory A/C, PW, P. seat, dual spotlights if anyone has seen it I would be interested . I have a 55 question, does anyone know the proper location for the rear window buttons for a 55 Conv with PW? I have seen them in the area where the crank would be mounted on non-PW cars, and I have seen them way back almost hitting the hinge cover panels. What is correct? Thanks

Registered Member

Member #:1806
    If you look on the back side of the interior side panel you should see the switch location perforated.

Member #:3446

Location of PW buttons on rear quarters of 55 convertible

Quote Originally Posted by LEE T View Post
    If you look on the back side of the interior side panel you should see the switch location perforated.
    No, there are no perforations on the panels I have from CARS and nothing in Assemble manual.

Registered Member

I can check to see if I have any old original conv panels, they will have the perforations, but it might take me a couple days.

Registered Member

These have been in my barn a couple of decades, and with the condition they are in you can see they are off an original PW car.

100_2565.jpg

100_2559.jpg

100_2563.jpg

100_2564.jpg

100_2556.jpg