Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: My Introduction

Registered Member

Member #:3450
    Lived in Rough and Ready, CA since 1995... in Northern California Sierra foothills

My Introduction

I live in the Sierra Foothills northeast of Sacramento in the historic gold mining country. We live in the town of Rough and Ready. I have been a life long lover of Chevys......drove a 56 210 Del Ray in college in the mid fifties and then a 57 210 4 door as a family car. Decided to get into the hobby in 1981 and purchased a 56 Nomad that we still own.....wife used it as a daily driver for 6 years.....it is totally stock, 265 pp, PG, PS Harbor blue over Nassau Blue......beautiful car. Now also own a 56 2 door dressed out as a Bel Air...looks stock but has LS1, 4 speed auto, air, pb, ps. Also in the stable is a just acquired 56 210 four door...one owner San Francisco car.......doing total restoration cosmetically stock but with new crate engine 700r, air, pb, ps, etc. Other babies in the stable include a 65 Corvair convertible (first new car was a 60 Corvair), a 70 Camaro RS, a 71 Elco, a like new 79 Olds Cutlass Supreme with 35000 original miles, 98 C5 Corvette with 29000 miles and my latest classic.....my bought new 1990 Ford F250 extended cab FWD....no trailer queens here..all high point drivers...I have only sold two cars over the years.....one was a low miles 56 BA four door with a 6 and PG and the other was a 56 Sport Coupe that I did a frame off on......made it too good to drive so it had to go.......When I was a kid I got into trouble in these cars.......now they keep me out of trouble. We live in Nevada County CA ....lots of retirees here and the car hobby is alive and very well in our area....in our small community there are at least 9 Nomads.....we have a large and very active car club called the Roamin Angels and a regular Cars and Coffee gathering every Saturday morning that draws about 120 cars.

Registered Member

Member #:3403
    That is quite the collection of cars! Hard to find anything original around these parts that isn't more rust than car... Must be nice having an active car community nearby, there's not a whole lot of anything going on in my region -- most of the other TriFive owners in my area are either snobs or so old they probably bought it new.

Banned

Member #:2941
    Welcome aboard, Chevyman! Sounds like you have quite a collection there. I too managed to get into my share of trouble in these cars as a young person. Did not manage to hang onto my old rides as you have, though. They exist now only in memory and the occasional odd surviving photo that survived the '83 hurricane here. Glad you were able to preserve these mementos of your past (and present).

Happy Motoring,

Harry

Member #:1653
    Welcome!

Registered Member carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)'s Avatar

Member #:33
    hi and welcome. good to have you here. sounds like a cool collection.
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.

Member #:530
    Welcome to the club of habitual tri-five enjoyers.
    Glad to see a guy with so many still in the stable.
    Post some pics of them here. We'd love to see what you have been doing with them.
    Cheers!
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Registered Member

Member #:3451
    Welcome, and let me know if the El Camino is for sale. I have a friend looking for a '71.