Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Vetterodder's Nomad

Member #:40
    Chevynut it's not too late to paint yours white! Dare to be different?
    MadMooks 55-57 Nomad Parts
    www.madmooks.com

Member #:3217
    Most of us, or maybe all of us, would NOT pay that kind of $$ for a car, but obviously to the fellas who paid the $$bill, it was worth it (or they wouldn't have done it)... At various times in my life, I've had more time than money... and other times more money than time... so there are a lot of variable as to what someone pays for something. I'm sure the same is true for you guys as well. For me, I would not pay those kinds of $$ for a car... and if I didn't have the option for (and desire) building it myself, I wouldn't have such a specialty car... instead I'd be driving the newest, most loaded crew cab pickup I could buy...

but I too am really impressed by both Foose and Kendig... both are great designers... with Kendig being a little more 'far out' (look at the Buick and Cadillac builds!).. but I like Foose because he actually gets in and gets his hands dirty too!

Vetterodders car is great and I'd love to drive it! but the colors chosen are more dark than I'd choose... (I actually like the white/tan/lighter colors on the Kendig Nomad).

PS. Has Trepanier built a Nomad?? if so, I missed it.. but Trepanier is obviously an extremely talented modifier as well...

I think he did a white/red 57 way back in the day but it wasn't anything like he puts out today .
    www.madmooks.com

Yay or nay?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    www.madmooks.com

Member #:1653
    There is some real talent there. I'm no t fan of the front treatment but regardless, craftsmanship abounds. What's under the bonnet?

Member #:3217
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMooks View Post
    Yay or nay?
    Being a white/red fan, I love it...

Registered Member

Member #:2643
    I don't like the front at all, and I'm not a fan in general of shaved door handles. I say "nay".

I believe the builder is from South Dakota , bought some of our billet stainless parts for the rear. Did a crazy amount of custom work to this car including hidden hinges for the tailgate . Looks like he has a one piece hood bar too .
    www.madmooks.com

Member #:115
    I like that white Nomad but I haven't seen it in person since I missed Goodguys this year. I talked to Jose at Ogden Chrome about it and they did all the chrome work on it. There's alot of stuff on it that's hard to see. The front fender trim is custom and it's one-piece made to match the rest of the trim. Jose sent me pics of the car before it was completed around the time I sent him my A/C bracket in March. I can't remember what he told me the chrome and polishing bill was but it was in the tens of thousands. It is from SD built by G3 Rods and they've built some other awesome cars like the 69 Camaro they did a couple years ago. This Nomad is heavily modified but some of it is pretty subtle. I would have chromed the upper trim around the grille myself and I think the "flipped" bumpers have become a little overdone. Someone needs to come up with something different for the front bumper besides just flipping it .

Last edited by chevynut; 10-13-2017 at 08:01 AM.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Registered Member

Member #:625
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitchin'57 View Post
    I don't like the front at all, and I'm not a fan in general of shaved door handles. I say "nay".
    While the workmanship is excellent, the result is ugly, no use for shaved handles either.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast