Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tri-Five Nationals

Member #:1608
    Quote Originally Posted by OLKY55 View Post
    Getting ready for the Tri-FIve Nationals. Looking forward to seeing some of the best Tri-Fives in the world. Who else is going?

Attachment 7585
    Sure like this car! Injection Stacks is what I wanted back in the day...very cool ride

Member #:1704
    Quote Originally Posted by JT56 View Post
    Sure like this car! Injection Stacks is what I wanted back in the day...very cool ride
    Thanks. I had wanted stack injectors since I first saw them on gassers at Beech Bend in the early 70's.
    1955 2D HT, 1957 2D Sedan, 2004 Z06 Corvette, http://s1070.photobucket.com/user/OL...?sort=3&page=0

Registered Member

Member #:571
    I've seen OLKY55's setup up close and heard it run. It's way cool.

Member #:40
    Wish we could have went this year. I think they said over 2700 tri fives . Little under 100 nomads . Pretty awesome
    MadMooks 55-57 Nomad Parts
    www.madmooks.com

Member #:3217
    I just got back yesterday afternoon (and ended up in my recliner/reading/resting/sleeping) once I'd unloaded the Nomad. The '56 made it up there with no major issues (wtih the AC working!!).. but Friday evening when we started out of beech bend, the starter solenoid just 'CLICKED... dead battery! No one left had battery cables, but fortunately another trifiver was close by and volunteered to let me use his battery to start it and then we did a 'hot swap' of the cables back to my battery, which got us out of the park and to an Advance Auto Parts where I purchased a new battery. As my wife said at the time.. 'It's great that car guys are so willing to help when one has a problem!~" (that can't always be said of people in general).. Thanks Fellow Trifiver from Delaware!

The show was great... nearly 3000 cars.. many vendors... much drag racing... and TIRING! speaking of the drag racing... two cars running side by side ran equal '6 flat' 233mph runs on Saturday! (Pretty awesome)...

I bought some parts in the swap meet for both my '56 and 57 Nomads and a friend from Georgia delivered a lower left control arm to me for replacing the one I had to 'borrow' last month!

Going up I got 18.8 mpg on the 350 crate engine/edelbrock carb/intake/TCI 350 trans... using NON-ethanol fuel. Coming home (ethanol fuel) I got just under 17 mpg... I was VERY pleased with mpg going up there as I had not previously checked my mileage since installing the 3.08 rear.
    I'll post some photos if anyone is interested, but I have to download them from my camera first..

Gary

Member #:530
    Glad to hear the trip went well. Sounds like that show has become a destination for you guys in that region of the country. heck yes...we'd love to see some pics of the cars that caught your eye.
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Member #:436
    Well I did make it to the nationals after all. Sure had a good time looking forward to next year.

Registered Member

Member #:532
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    I just got back yesterday afternoon (and ended up in my recliner/reading/resting/sleeping) once I'd unloaded the Nomad. The '56 made it up there with no major issues (wtih the AC working!!).. but Friday evening when we started out of beech bend, the starter solenoid just 'CLICKED... dead battery! No one left had battery cables, but fortunately another trifiver was close by and volunteered to let me use his battery to start it and then we did a 'hot swap' of the cables back to my battery, which got us out of the park and to an Advance Auto Parts where I purchased a new battery. As my wife said at the time.. 'It's great that car guys are so willing to help when one has a problem!~" (that can't always be said of people in general).. Thanks Fellow Trifiver from Delaware!

The show was great... nearly 3000 cars.. many vendors... much drag racing... and TIRING! speaking of the drag racing... two cars running side by side ran equal '6 flat' 233mph runs on Saturday! (Pretty awesome)...

I bought some parts in the swap meet for both my '56 and 57 Nomads and a friend from Georgia delivered a lower left control arm to me for replacing the one I had to 'borrow' last month!

Going up I got 18.8 mpg on the 350 crate engine/edelbrock carb/intake/TCI 350 trans... using NON-ethanol fuel. Coming home (ethanol fuel) I got just under 17 mpg... I was VERY pleased with mpg going up there as I had not previously checked my mileage since installing the 3.08 rear.
    I'll post some photos if anyone is interested, but I have to download them from my camera first..

Gary
    Here's the time slip from the 55 & 57 run. 55 is on the left. They're pretty closely matched. Both were tuned a little on the conservative side. Timeslip.jpg
    Last edited by Bluegrass Trifive; 08-14-2017 at 10:54 AM.

Bluegrass Trifive:

Thanks for providing the time slip detail to my posting of the speeds... I didn't see the runs, only heard them over the loudspeaker! Seeing the actual detailed timeslip is even more awesome!

DSC01468.JPGDSC01467.JPGDSC01466.JPGDSC01465.JPGDSC01464.JPGRe pix: I had my camera set on a low/medium resolution, so they didn't come out great.. For the BEST detail car photos, SEETHEUSA's postings are the best... https://www.trifive.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176179

To give folks an idea of the size of the arena and the numbers of cars.. Here are a few broad area view photos I made from a little rise on the site..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast