Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dual Quad Question

Member #:1653
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1110 View Post
    Thanks for the feedback.

I think that I can break it in with the two fours. They need to run 1:1 not progressive and the carbs may need to have different metering rods installed. Still checking.

The Factory offered dual quads in the late 50's Vettes and the 57 Chevy (I think) and these were on 283s so I believe the 283 with the 2x4s will be ok. Its a nearly stock build though with a 10/10 under crank and 30 over flattop pistons. All ARP hardware and the other internals are high end. The heads are Powerpak with milled bosses, screw in studs and guide plates with stainless valves, hardened seats and new guides and viton seals. Also running roller rockers. The lifters are hydraulic and I have a moderate lift Erson cam.

Had forgotten, but when I fired up the 302 in my 69Z after that build, I was running a Smokey SY1 crossram and a single quad 850 CFM carb. That was a finicky set up but we fired her, got her to 2000 RPMs and let her Stella in. Motor ran fine.

Just older now and worry more

S
    What exact manifold is in question?

Registered Member

Member #:625
    Quote Originally Posted by NCW View Post
    But he doesn't have Holley carbs nor a tunnel ram. Totally different animal and, it's a SBC.
    The point I was trying to make was answer his question about running one carb when setup called for two.

Registered Member

Member #:3477
    Hi-

The manifold is an Offenhauser 360 low rise dual quad. Manufacture date 1988. I don't recall a casting number.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12