Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wootdog's 56 210

Member #:1653
    Quote Originally Posted by 55 Rescue Dog View Post
    I understand that perfectly, but the obscure point I was originally trying to make, is what do some people here expect the OP to do? Pay someone to rip it all out, buy a new floor, and do it all over again to look pretty? I see someone just trying to make what he has work for a driver, without spending years in the process, right, or wrong.
    RD, I guess I need to read between the lines. I'm puzzled as to who within this post said to replace it though.

Registered Member

Member #:3213
    All,
    You are correct. The floor was a one piece and when the body guy installed it, he cut it in two and welded both sides in. I am not going to criticize the welding due to the fact that the guy that did it has better skills than I do. And it is not got a lot of rust through like it had before. And of course the sound deadening, carpeting, etc. will cover the floor up hopefully to never be seen again. This is going to be a nice driver. Not a show car. I already have what amounts to one of those and it is allot of work. One step closer to driving it.
    V/R
    Kerry

Registered Member

All,
    Let me clarify about the floor. It had allot of patches in it. And they were not done properly. And I also observed some rotting of the floor also. I just figured it would be easier to replace the whole thing since I found it on the internet for less than a grand and it was free shipping. I think I paid around 875.00 for the floor in the first place. I told myself that if I ever scored one of these cars, I would have a good base line for it if it had a good floor.
    V/R
    Kerry

Registered Member

The Body Shop Owner and the other body man are actually Son in Law and Father in Law. They do allot of the jobs together. The father in law does the floors, etc. and the Son in Law does everything else. They have been doing work this way for years.
    V/R
    Kerry

Banned

Member #:2775
    You have a good plan Kerry to get your car to where you can enjoy it, and have fun. I could easily fall into the trap of building a car so nice, and expensive that I would never be even want to drive it out of the garage, if ever finished, let alone drive the crap out of it. Done it too many times already taking care of a car I loved, for the next owner to have fun with. Still do with the cars I have now unfortunately, and I should just lease my cars, and drive them like I stole it, everyday! I have one car that will never see a garden hose, besides missing many car events because of a few dark clouds. Sad, but true, and it's not even close to "show quality".
    Last edited by 55 Rescue Dog; 01-17-2018 at 04:55 PM.

Registered Member

According to the wife I have way too many cars anyway. Of course I need to drive them more. We have four that only get driven occasionally and that is with the other two in the shop getting redone. I know but it is a long story. I get rid of them and time goes by and they show back up in the driveway.
    V/R
    Kerry

Member #:3217
    Quote Originally Posted by wootdog View Post
    According to the wife I have way too many cars anyway. Of course I need to drive them more. We have four that only get driven occasionally and that is with the other two in the shop getting redone. I know but it is a long story. I get rid of them and time goes by and they show back up in the driveway.
    V/R
    Kerry
    'Homing cars'... I like that!

I have too many cars also, but only one have I bought twice; between myself and two friends, we've paid sales tax on that car 4 times!

Member #:115
    Amazing how RD has to jump into something that's NONE OF HIS F*ING business and start his normal BS of subtly bashing my project like he always does. For a guy with ZERO demonstrated skills that can't even do the sheetmetal work on his own car, he sure has a big mouth. This is a recurring thing with him, and I think he should mind his own damn business and quit trying to "defend" someone else who doesn't need "defending".

What did I say that was even remotely offensive? If Wootdog didn't like my comments, let him address them.

Custer55 reflected exactly what I was getting at...the quality of the work. The "correct" way to install the floor would have been to raise the body up, put the floor on the frame, lower the body back down, and weld it together. The beat up back portion is unexcusable, imo. I was just bringing it to his attention in case he's never dealt with this kind of work before. I wouldn't accept it, but it's not my car....and it's not RD's car either.

RD sounds like those guys on the other site who look at a guy's pictures of "chickenscratch" welds and comments about how great they are. If you can't say anything remotely critical about someone's work, what good are these forums? Wootdog obviously posted the pics to show some progress on his car, and I assume to get feedback...so I gave him my thoughts on it. It's irrelevant that it's a few weeks after he posted the pics.

But like I said IF WOOTDOG IS HAPPY WITH IT, THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS! And it sounds like he's fine with the work that's been done.
    Last edited by chevynut; 01-19-2018 at 01:17 PM.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Member #:115
    Quote Originally Posted by NCW View Post
    Good gawd RD, grow up. It's apparent you and others here don't get along so why don't you do us all a favor and use the private message system available rather than hijacking other peoples threads. Your disdain is noted by all here now retreat to your safe place, get a cup of hot coco and cover up with your blanket. Pushing buttons is not wanted nor is it productive. Grow the site or just be quiet.
    Isn't that the truth. This is "normal" for the jerk ever since he came here. All you have to do is go look at his posting history....90% of his posts are attacks on me or criticism of my Nomad project. Notice the obscure references to my project that he always throws out? Why does the idiot think he has to "defend" everyone from things that I say? MIND YOUR OWN GODDAM BUSINESS RD!
    Last edited by chevynut; 01-19-2018 at 01:17 PM.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Banned

Member #:2775
    True colors