Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wootdog's 56 210

Registered Member

Member #:3213

Wootdog's 56 210

All,
    I have had the 56 210 2 door for two weeks now. Plans are to replace the toe board, full floor, and the trunk floor in the next three weeks. I have to get home first and then get it to the shop to make this happen. Once these things are replaced (a lot of patching done over the years), I then plan to upgrade the front brakes with a disc brake kit. Hopefully it will be a driver sooner than later. it does have a rebuilt 350 and th350 already in it. I do not have any pics of it yet to share. I figured in progress pics soon. I did have to wash it over the weekend before I went on travel. I know it has probably been a long time since it had been washed. I would swear the old car smiled at me when I washed it. I plan on selling some of my other cars to fund this one as required.

Where did you buy your parts for your projects from?

Kerry
    Last edited by wootdog; 08-29-2017 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Need information

Member #:1653
    Floors, Woodys Hotrodz, best price I found so far. Your information is lacking your location but, if you live in the Dallas area, they have a warehouse there. If you're close, i.e. 100 or so miles one way, consider picking it up and save a bit on freight.

What other cars are you wanting to sell? I get bombarded with questions regarding where a certain car might be found.

Registered Member

Wootdog 56 210 and parts request

Quote Originally Posted by NCW View Post
    Floors, Woodys Hotrodz, best price I found so far. Your information is lacking your location but, if you live in the Dallas area, they have a warehouse there. If you're close, i.e. 100 or so miles one way, consider picking it up and save a bit on freight.

What other cars are you wanting to sell? I get bombarded with questions regarding where a certain car might be found.
    I have a 1967 Chevy step side C10 with a 1997 LT1 and 4L60E with Fuel Injection and the computer from a 1997 Corvette. Setup and Engine Tranny combo are from Street and Performance in Mena, Arkansas. Ford narrowed 9 inch and 4 wheel disc brakes.More info upon request. I haven't thought about a price on this yet.

Also a 1979 T Top Z28 in Red with the Z28 Stripes with a Summit 350 Engine and TH350. A/C has been upgraded to R134. I have it up on Craigslist Hampton Roads, Virginia, but I am having problems attaching pics to the add. (I can't do anything about it until I get home Saturday from the business trip). 138K original miles. I have owned this since Oct. 2000. 12.5 k (once I get the pics up on it)

I also just picked up a 1963 Impala 2 door Sport Coupe. It has the 350/350 combo in it. I have replaced the front drum brakes on it to power discs so far. Started replacing the Emblems on the hood and the trunk lid. As well as the Impala logos on the sides and the upper and lower moldings near the headlights on the outside of the front fenders. I have to put the new flags on the rear of the front fenders. Also need to attach the front hood molding when it comes in. The car is a Copper Color with a Gray Hardtop. The old School Mags are green yes green with the machined outer lip. I believe the Color scheme is Miami Hurricane Colors. The Car I have been told last owner before i got it from the Car Lot Owner (A friend of mine) stated the Producer of the Velocity Show Phantom Works had owned it in the past. 10.5K.

Talked to my wife tonight. All the floor metal has come in. I cannot wait for the toe board, full floor and full trunk floor to be welded in. Then I can get hot on the other things and get it on the road. It is going to take time, but I cant wait to make it a driver again.

I live in Virginia Beach Virginia.
    Kerry aka Wootdog

Member #:3249
    I got my 56 as a project, with several things started but none completed. I was lucky, all floor and trunk pans were good. It had spindles from Heidt's, with rotors and calipers from a G-body. Nothing was plumbed. Had a booster and master installed, the rear appears to be from a mid-70's Camaro, kept the drum brakes on the rear. Plumbed it, it brakes just fine. Was a 6 cyl/3 speed car, had no column in it. Now has an Ididit tilt column and a 350/700R4. I rewired the car with an AAW kit, had no wiring in it. That's got me started, it'll drive down the road now, but needs a lot more.

Member #:1608
    Keep it up...got some good parts there.

Registered Member

Well Ladies and Gentlemen,
    The car went into the body shop for the replacement of the toe board, full floors, and trunk floor. In addition he will do all the body work and paint, I am supposedly getting it back in 90 days. I will then have to finish it. Before it went in the body shop, we made it a runner. Had a front disc setup installed and a LOKAR cable/gas pedal setup installed. I put four used wheels with tires I bought on it also. In a week or two, I will get some progress pictures.
    Kerry in Virginia Beach, Virginia

Registered Member carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)'s Avatar

Member #:33
    sounds good Kerry, exciting times ahead.
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.

Registered Member

All,
    Not much of an update yet. I did sell the 63 Impala over the weekend. It is on it's way to Florida at this time. The 79 T Top Z28 became a major part of the payment for the metal replacement, body and paint work on the 56. So of course it is now gone also.
    Kerry

Registered Member

Hopefully you all will see some progress pictures of the floor installation. The Toe Board, and the Trunk floor have not been replaced yet. I was hoping for more progress by now. I do know it takes some time to do the floors.
    KerryIMG_0248.JPGIMG_0298.JPGIMG_0302.JPG[ATTACHIMG_0302.JPG]8025[/ATTACH]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Member

Well guys and gals, I screwed up and added a couple of pics of the 63 i just sold mixed in with the 56 floor replacement. I will leave it as is. At least you can see some progress with the floors on this money pit. The body man is supposed to repair and or replace the rockers next. then seam seal everything. Then on to the trunk floor.
    V/R
    Kerry

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast