Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Classic Edge Designs, LLC Prime Custom Cars, LLC MadMooks
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Mid-engine Corvette?

Member #:3217
    They've been moving this way since 1997 with the C5 introduction when they moved the transmission to the rear axle (transaxle design), so now they only have to move the engine back (behind the driver). From the photos, it would seem the space is limited, so the engine is going to be right up behind the driver! Having helped put a 'Crown kit' in a '66 Corvair (back in the 70's), I have a little experience with the 'engine breathing down my neck', and I didn't particularly care for it, although I'm sure that Chevy's design/approach will be nicer than that Corvair...

I'm surprised the driver space isn't moved farther forward to alleviate this (judging from the side photo)....? Being a pretty large guy, and older now, I've about run my course with Corvettes (although I still own 5 of them), so I doubt I'd ever buy/own one of these mid engine versions, although I might 'try' to drive one given an opportunity.. I suspect they will have one or more at the 'Corvette Homecoming' at Bowling Green on Labor Day, so maybe I'll luck out..

I suspect with this change, Corvette will move even farther towards the 'foreign car' market, and the car will get even smaller as we move forward the next few years, so all of us old / fat fellas will be out of the market.

Registered Member

Member #:625
    Corvette died with Zoro.

Zora? or Zorro?

Member #:115
    The new Corvettes are ten times the cars of the 60's. They have more horsepower, handle much better, get a lot better mileage, and look great imo. They're very refined, high tech vehicles. The C8 is going to compete with the Ferraris, Lambos, and Porsches and I think it will do very well I can't wait to see one in full color.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

You can see my 56 Nomad build here http://www.picturetrail.com/chevynut

For affordable C4 Corvette Suspension conversions for your car, visit http://www.classicedgedesigns.com

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax

It should do great in foreign markets...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456