Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: Tailgate top material install

Registered Member

Member #:3568

Tailgate top material install

Would like pictures and correct steps to install factory top material in cargo area and on the tailgate. I'm Wanting to use the factory correct linoleum.

Member #:115
    I think Ciadella Interiors sells the linoleum and Madmooks sells the cargo area stainless if you need it. There are guys selling the plywood for the cargo area too. I don't know how the plywood is attached to the floor or how the linoleum is attached to the plywood but the stainless is screwed down.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Member #:3217
    The plywood was 'screwed' to the cargo floor originally. The linoleum was 'cemented' to the plywood. Mike's new stainless cargo trim (which is beautiful) comes with *perfect screws* for attachment thru the linoleum to the wood.

Your can purchase precut plywood (1/2") via ebay (and pay shipping for relatively large pieces of plywood), OR you can go to your local supply store (Lowes, HD, or ?) and buy one piece of 4x8 plywood which is sufficient for replacing all the wood parts of a Nomad. I have 'cut dimensions' available that i can supply if you are interested. Just let me know.

Both Ciadellas and CARS sells linoleum precut for installation, but I don't think either is a 'perfect' reproduction (as if there was such a thing!).. I've used both and the Ciadellas 'seems' closer to the original IMO. Ciadellas also has a reproduction rubber part for 'under the rear seat' of Nomads... if you are interested in that.

PS. Recommend marine grade plywood if you can find it; otherwise after cutting, 'prep' the plywood with a paint or water treatment - making sure that your treatment will allow the cement for the linoleum to hold.
    Last edited by BamaNomad; 10-26-2017 at 08:31 AM.