Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: LS1 DBC pedal assembly for use in '57 Nomad ??

Member #:3217

LS1 DBC pedal assembly for use in '57 Nomad ??

Is this DBC pedal assembly from a Chevy 1500 van a good option for my 57 Nomad with LS1?? I know there's some fancy aluminum/polished options, but I prefer 'stock Chevy parts' where possible.. Is there a better / more preferred option than this one? Has anyone encountered issues by adapting such a part as this?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dorman-911-...53.m1438.l2649

Any suggestions appreciated..

Member #:530
    I have one of those fancy aluminum aftermarket Lokar pedals in my Nomad. No matter which way you go with a pedal, you'll probably have to fabricate a "base mount" out of sheet metal to deal with the curvature of the trans hump sheetmetal where a pedal assembly would mount to the floor.
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Member #:115
    I don't know why that Dorman part couldn't be made to work. I once used a 66 GTO/Lemans pedal in my Nomad that converted it over to a cable setup. It fit right into the stock pivot. I thought it worked pretty nice, but it may be difficult to find one.

MVC-896S.JPG

MVC-895S.JPG
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Member #:3217
    I appreciate the inputs fellas... I'm just collecting information at this point, hoping to identify a part that will work, or that most/some people have made to work. I generally keep my cars 'original', but with this '57 Nomad, I've so many 'functions' that will require 'custom' (meaning non-stock) parts that it's driving me batty... (When I build my next Nomad it will be a 'stocker')..

Right now, I'm frustrated with my need to 'cut out' the stock rear shock mounts from the 'painted body'; sitting under the body raised up on the lift trying to work overhead to 'drill out spot welds' makes me VERY NERVOUS.. not to mention straining and tiring... If it gets any worse, I might pull out my torch!...
    Last edited by BamaNomad; 10-30-2017 at 09:06 PM.