I'm trying to get all the stuff I need together to rebuild my vent windows and have a few questions that I hope someone here can answer.

I understand the Nomad vent window frames are somehow different than the HTs and convertibles. What exactly is the difference? I have my original Nomad ones but I thought they were the same as a HT.

Since I'm going to have power vent windows, I don't think I want to use the stock latches that are on all but the convertible vent windows Why did they delete them on the convertibles anyhow? I was going to remove them from my frames and have them re-chromed but they'd probably be $100 each or so. I found a pair of NEW convertible frames for less than re-chroming one of mine. How is the quality of these repop frames? Is the chrome really show quality?

I have a set of new vent window seals that I bought in the 80's from CCI. They are still in the vacuum-sealed package and were made by "LTE Reproductions" and the rubber still seems soft and pliable. I don't know about the quality of these and I only want to do this once. Are the current reproduction parts better in any way or should I use the ones I have? I'm more concerned about the design than I am the material but I wonder about both with these old parts.

So I have the vent window seals, new fuzzy channel, glass, and will either re-chrome my frames or buy new ones. I think I need glass-setting tape. What else do I need? I see Mr. Nomad selling rivets but an article I have from CCI doesn't say anything about rivets.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. Trying to get stuff ready while I sand on the body.