Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vent window rebuild help

Registered Member

Member #:1806
    They must use that verticle channel on different models and I'm not familiar with the sedan, but the convertible HT nomad only use one screw there
    This is a nomad with only one hole, and every HT and conv I've seen just uses one.

Member #:115
    Here's some pics of mine. I didn't even notice there were two screws at the bottom. They line up ok I think, even though I slightly relocated the vent window. Notice the one screw through the track into the door.

20171217_031.JPG

20171217_033.JPG
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Registered Member

Member #:1806
    Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    I see Mr. Nomad selling rivets but an article I have from CCI doesn't say anything about rivets.

Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. Trying to get stuff ready while I sand on the body.
    CCI use to recommend flat head screws, but if you have a rivet setting tool that would be better.
    Your frame is not going to see much moisture, if any at all, I just bead blast and paint. I don't think they have had anything on them for 60 years.

I use a rubber cleaner first on the U shaped rubber, wash and dry, then a light coat of lube or silicone--no petroleum--and slide the bottom side on first. Use your thumbs to get it in the lower corner channel then stand it up on a bench with the back side laying on the bench and the two ends sticking up. Lay the back part of your hand on the rubber and push rocking back and forth, keeping it tight in the bottom corner. With the lube it goes on easy in just two minutes. I do the top screws last, but it takes a little time to get the holes lined up on the top though. Pay attention to the length of the screws on top that they don't stick through enough to hit the window chrome.

The window can go in after the frame is in the car. After cutting a hole in the rubber for the stem, I push the window stem down in the hole from the outside. When it is down enough that you can turn the window sideways, then tip it toward the back until you can slip it in the rubber channel, and move it back to the middle and in the hole of the upper part.

A lot of the vent regulators are missing the bottom cap which keeps the worm gear aligned, but you are not using the manual regulators anyway.

Member #:115
    Quote Originally Posted by LEE T View Post
    The window can go in after the frame is in the car.
    That's good to know!
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12