In doing my restomod, I wanted to remove the transmission cooler from in front of the radiator, and install it under the car, especially since I moved the radiator to the 6-cyl position in front of the core support, and because I mounted an AC condenser in front of the radiator.

I bought a fan cooled Derale unit a number of years back,and had decided I would copy WagonCrazy’s install, where he built a framework from square tubing, and mounted the cooler to the framework, all mounted behind the front bumper, and below the splash pan.

I happened on a picture of a trany-cooler install ChevyJeff posted on another site, where he had gotten the concept from someone else’s install. I decided to go down that road, first mocking up some templates from cardboard,

And figuring how the brackets would fit the cooler.

I cut out the pieces from aluminum plate, a buddy TIG welded the pieces together.

And after final drilling and painting, and then with the cooler mounted. The cooler fan has an inline thermostat controller, and I wired the fan to be a puller, figuring to not pull up junk from the road.

I used these cooler lines, RTV’ing on the rubber sleeves where the lines pass thru the splash pan sheetmetal.

Regards, Doug