Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: First Post - Intro

Banned

Member #:2775
    Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    Yeah dumbass, that post really adds value . Maybe you ought to try posting something about that '55 "project" of yours that seems to be going nowhere instead of looking for opportunities to attack other people's work or interject stupid comments. GFY.
    Ditto

Member #:3249
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Yep, I would love to hear about the Chevelle.
    Bought our 66 Chevelle (just a Malibu) from the original owner in May, 1997. When we bought it, it was a 283 (with a dead cylinder), 2 barrel, single exhaust, manual steering and brakes, but it had buckets, console and a 4 speed.
    It now runs with a crate 350, 4 barrel, with power steering, power front disc brakes, Vintage Air, Ididit tilt column, all new suspension, all new interior, painted Marina Blue, dual exhaust, ralley wheels, knee-knocker tach...........just a fun car to drive. We average about 5000 miles a year...........it's been all over the Southwest, California, Nevada, Utah, New Mexico, and, of course, Arizona. By luck of the draw, it appeared in the Goodguys Gazette coverage of their event at Del Mar, Ca last spring, where they had us park in the "Ya gotta drive 'em" area.

Banned

Member #:2941
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
    Thanks for the welcome Harry. The Olds came from California and was sold new in May 1954 at Empire Olds in Denver. The owner was an attorney with Chevron and traded in a 52 MG TD. They took the car away from him in 1995 when he was driving he wrong way on the freeway. It was originally solid Capri blue and had been repainted twice. The guy that was the second owner was about to make a lead sled out of it and realized what it was worth. He only owned it a few months and then I found it on ebay and my friend bought it. I oversaw the restoration. The colors and now Capri Blue and Glacier White which are actual 54 Olds colors. I was the executor of my friends estate when he passed away in 2011. We probably finished the car in about 2006. I have added AC to the car and had the treadlevac and hydra-matic rebuilt. I also added a set of Coker radials which really helped the car. We added power steering and power brakes during the restoration. I show it in local shows and it does pretty well. The neatest thing I have done with the car is carrying a 92 year old WWII Marine in the Dallas Veterans Day Parade in 2014. He is still living and is now 95 but is getting a little to feeble to do the parade again. I have attached a photo. His name is RV Burgin and he wrote a book titled Islands of The Damned which I had read. I have included a picture. Sorry if it comes out too big.
    Beautiful car, Rocketman! And thanks for info on the colours. Capri Blue and Glacier White...... I'll look at those when I paint my '57.

I like all cars, some more than others. Not a 'Chevy only' snob by any means. My first car was a '53 Henry J and I stuffed a DeSoto hemi into it when I was 15. Later pulled the Desoto engine and Dodge stick shift tranny and swapped them into a '55 Ford the summer of '65. Drove that car my seniour year in high school. Gave it to my Step-dad when I left for the Marine Corps the summer of '66.

G-d bless you for taking the old jarhead in your Olds for the parade there, Rocketman. I know it meant a lot to him.

Best regards,

Harry

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by busterwivell View Post
    Just playing the hand we were dealt.......and, you can bet we'll enjoy our 56. I personally don't see anything wrong with talking about your Olds here (nice ride, by the way)......wanna hear about my 66 Chevelle?
    I've got to search for instructions to post pictures here.......computers are not my strong suit.
    Bill
    May G-d watch over you and your wife and keep you well and safe from harm, Bill. I am a cancer survivor as well. As is my 91 year old Mom-in-Law. At least for now and now is what matters.

I agree. I have found in life that some are dealt a better hand than others. But what matters is not the hand we are dealt but how we play the hand we are dealt.

Best regards,

Harry

Member #:3249
    Sometimes life sucks..............got a call yesterday, they put my brother-in-law in hospice. We're heading out this morning for Palm Desert, CA to see him. Terry's a great guy..........
    He and I were in the Army at the same time, I got sent to Germany, He went to Viet Nam. Terry was exposed to Agent Orange.
    He got home, worked hard, retired at 50. He was living the dream.....had a 40 Ford Coupe built by Sam Foose, played golf every day, went to car shows every weekend (So. Cal is that way), and, due to Agent Orange, went blind at 60. Now, at 71, in hospice. Sad!

Registered Member carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)'s Avatar

Member #:33
    hi Rman and welcome. good to have you here.
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.

Member #:3454
    Thanks carls 56. Thank you for you service to our country. I am guessing we are pretty much the same age.

busterwivell, I am sorry about your brother-in-law. He and I are the same age. Agent Orange was nasty stuff and our country did not treat the guys exposed to that stuff anywhere close to fair. That is very sad. We get dealt different hands and all we can do is deal with them. You can't stick you head in the sand. I have often told my kids that life is like driving on the interstate. Sometimes you have the cruse control on, sometimes the road get a little bumpy and sometimes you hit the construction zone where you have to get off the highway. Hopefully at some point we get to put the cruise control back on.

Banned

Prayers and well wishes for your brother-in-law, Bill. Always remember the good times and be grateful for the the years Terry had to enjoy life to the fullest after he came home from Nam. A lot of guys I served with never made it back home and I was very nearly one of them. Lost some very close friends to drugs and alcohol and a few by their own hand following their return. And I was very nearly one of them, as well. Yes, life can be hard. But that is all the more reason to enjoy and celebrate every day we are alive.

G-d bless,

Harry

Registered Member

Member #:2764
    Welcome Rocketman!
    Tony

1955 Bel Air Sport Coupe

Registered Member

Member #:2764
    Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    Welcome to the site rocketman...is your real name "Kim"? LOL!
    I knew a man named Kim. Never asked him where the name came from and he isn't Asian either.
    Tony

1955 Bel Air Sport Coupe

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234