Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello From Roseville, CA

Registered Member

Member #:2764
    Hi and welcome, I'm a newbie that joined years ago and just started posting recently. If not real, that's quite a beautiful dream car.
    Tony

1955 Bel Air Sport Coupe

Member #:115
    Big-blue, Brent Dupont was the guy who built a 57 Hardtop called "Ricochet" several years ago. He sold it and has been building a 55 called "Nickelback" for about as long as I've been building my Nomad. He told me he wasn't going as far with the 55 as he did the 57.....but he's really gotten carried away. He wass on lateral-g.net.

Here's an article on Ricochet: http://www.hotrod.com/articles/0304p...chevy-bel-air/

Here's a build thread for Nickelback: http://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=32266

I can't find anything recent on Nickelback so I don't know if Brent is still working on it.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Registered Member

Member #:3708
    Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    Big-blue, Brent Dupont was the guy who built a 57 Hardtop called "Ricochet" several years ago. He sold it and has been building a 55 called "Nickelback" for about as long as I've been building my Nomad. He told me he wasn't going as far with the 55 as he did the 57.....but he's really gotten carried away. He wass on lateral-g.net.

Here's an article on Ricochet: http://www.hotrod.com/articles/0304p...chevy-bel-air/

Here's a build thread for Nickelback: http://lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=32266

I can't find anything recent on Nickelback so I don't know if Brent is still working on it.
    Laszlo-

I just happened to stumble on this thread. I'm alive and well!! Life has been crazy the past few years. Ups and downs but back in full swing. Nickelback has officially been dropped off at the body shop. All of the fabrication and fitment has been done. Been along time coming and should have been done years ago - but life is a function of priorities as we know. Completion date - who knows.... But we are in forward progress! I had a ton of pics that unfortunately got deleted on my phone and were not backed up. Uggg.... Been following your build on facebook.... Looks amazing!! But wouldn't expect anything less!

Member #:115
    Hi Brent! Good to hear from you and thanks for joining the site.

should have been done years ago
    LOL! Same here. I remember you telling me you weren't going as far with Nickelback as you did with Ricochet, but last I looked you changed your mind! It sure looks great...post some pics here when you get a chance.

I've been plugging away at mine for years, but making steady progress. Never imagined it would take me this long to build it, but I've done a lot more than I planned to do, and had a few "do-overs" along the way. Plus I'm still building frames and working on a 55 for another guy. My chassis is virtually done, and the body is getting closer to paint. If I wasn't so picky it probably would have been painted by now.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Registered Member

Member #:3678
    Welcome Big Blue.If I`m not mistaken you lent some good powder coating info. on that other site. Yes?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12