Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 55 Project Rewind-Found a Great 55 210 AZ body shell for $1800!

Registered Member

Member #:2764
    Quote Originally Posted by 55 Rescue Dog View Post
    I also called the dealer on a whim, I had bought all of the rear sheet metal from, and since he has a couple people looking for some of the parts I have, he agreed to give me his wholesale costs back in credit for all of it! That is a much better deal than stumbling over it forever trying to sell it on CL for even less.]
    I would be more than happy to give you dealer cost for all the parts I mentioned in my PM sent back after your first post about the new body you bought. I could use the parts and lord knows I'm on a tight budget.

Hell, give me a price the dealer quoted you on the whole lot and maybe I can make things easier for you by taking it all and getting rid of what I don't need.
    Last edited by 55 Tony; 01-22-2018 at 05:03 AM.
    Tony

1955 Bel Air Sport Coupe

Banned

Member #:2775
    Quote Originally Posted by 55 Tony View Post
    I would be more than happy to give you dealer cost for all the parts I mentioned in my PM sent back after your first post about the new body you bought. I could use the parts and lord knows I'm on a tight budget.

Hell, give me a price the dealer quoted you on the whole lot and maybe I can make things easier for you by taking it all and getting rid of what I don't need.
    Thanks for the offer Tony, but he already has buyers lined up to buy them, and counting on me bringing them back an hour drive away this week. Sorry I didn't see your PM until after it was a done deal.

Registered Member

Member #:2764
    Quote Originally Posted by 55 Rescue Dog View Post
    Thanks for the offer Tony, but he already has buyers lined up to buy them, and counting on me bringing them back an hour drive away this week. Sorry I didn't see your PM until after it was a done deal.
    Crap.
    Tony

1955 Bel Air Sport Coupe

Banned

Not sure what these are called, but can't seem to find if anyone makes them? It's the 2-piece firewall/floorboard front body mount brace. I don't really want to remove them from the parts car that would make it harder to sell when I'm done with it, unless they are expensive.
    IMG_2939.JPG

Member #:3217
    'forward body support brackets'??

I was curious about these, so I spent a few minutes searching and didn't find them available separately; You might have to obtain from a junkyard car if you don't have any at all. One option, Real Deal Steel has a 'smoothie firewall with those mounts and more' for $599... or you might call them to see if they have the support brackets separately?

http://realdealsteel.com/i-20901189-...-firewall.html

PS. Looking again at the body you purchased, it appears a prior owner removed those supports to modify the firewall; Have you asked the person you purchased from if they had those supports? Even damaged ones would probably be pretty easy to repair or rebuild...
    Last edited by BamaNomad; 01-23-2018 at 07:49 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNomad View Post
    'forward body support brackets'??

I was curious about these, so I spent a few minutes searching and didn't find them available separately; You might have to obtain from a junkyard car if you don't have any at all. One option, Real Deal Steel has a 'smoothie firewall with those mounts and more' for $599... or you might call them to see if they have the support brackets separately?

http://realdealsteel.com/i-20901189-...-firewall.html

PS. Looking again at the body you purchased, it appears a prior owner removed those supports to modify the firewall; Have you asked the person you purchased from if they had those supports? Even damaged ones would probably be pretty easy to repair or rebuild...
    Yes I asked about the brackets from the guy and they are long gone I guess. This was his fathers project that passed away a few years ago. I would think they would be available somewhere, since they are used on new firewalls.

Member #:1653
    I would contact real deal steel. Getting them from a junk cowl assy might be a chore, just finding one might be a tough job much less both sides.

They build complete bodies so they should have what you need.

Contact

Tel: 407-585-1957
    1220 East 30th Street
    Sanford, FL 32773
    Email: info@realdealsteel.com
    Store Hours: 8:00am - 5:00pm

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NCW View Post
    I would contact real deal steel. Getting them from a junk cowl assy might be a chore, just finding one might be a tough job much less both sides.

They build complete bodies so they should have what you need.

Contact

Tel: 407-585-1957
    1220 East 30th Street
    Sanford, FL 32773
    Email: info@realdealsteel.com
    Store Hours: 8:00am - 5:00pm
    I called them, and although those piece are reproduced to attach to new firewalls they are not available separately. So I will shop for some used ones, before I have to cut mine off.

Member #:1653
    Did you ask them where or whom the parts come from?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NCW View Post
    Did you ask them where or whom the parts come from?
    No, but he said they have had several requests for them, and have thought about selling them. I'll wait a few days, and call again to see if he will tell me the source. Practically every piece of sheet metal is available for these cars, except for this one that is actually produced somewhere.
    IMG_2944.JPG
    Last edited by 55 Rescue Dog; 01-24-2018 at 03:14 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast