So, my 55 210 2dr has been collecting dust in a private body shop for a year, waiting to have new quarters, tail pan, etc. installed with no start date in sight. I don't think they really wanted to take it on, because I didn't either. That was just a start, since it had plenty of other issues with the floor, and roof too. It was going to get expensive to fix. Bought the complete titled car for $3000, and have since sold a few parts for $500. Bought $2400 of new U.S. sheet metal for the rear, which is now all for sale. Anyway, I literally stumbled on a CL deal 140 miles away in a heated warehouse that even has a fork truck to load it when I find a day to pick it up when the roads are not covered in salt. It is a very straight, solid 55 2 door sedan body from Arizona that has had some nice work done to it. New quarters, mini-tubs, flat trunk floor, recessed firewall, shaved drip rails, fuel door filled, and rust free for only $1800. So now I have a body ready for an initial drop onto my C4 chassis. It will have a few things to deal with like the front body mounts that were cut off for the new firewall, and how to get fuel in it without a door. Not sure about the hood hinge mounting point yet either. After that is will be ready to come off for clean up, and primer. This is going to be a lot more fun now I hope.
It's not picture pretty, but it's beautiful.
IMG_2902.JPGIMG_2910.JPGIMG_2906.JPGIMG_2898.JPGIMG_2905.JPG