Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For Sale - 1957 Chevy

Banned

Member #:2941

For Sale - 1957 Chevy

1957 Chevy 210 4dr sedan for sale. Original and unmodified Canadian built car with original 235 which has been rebuilt. Numbers matching (engine number is stamped on original Canadian ID tag on firewall). 3-speed column shift, radio and deluxe heater.

Floors and trunk are solid. Has been repainted once back in the mid '70s. Original interiour is good, headliner has been replaced. Has original rubber floor and trunk mats. Glass is good. Original tube type radio, gauges, lights, wipers all work.

Needs brakes and front suspension rebuilt and new tires to be a driver. Possibly some radiator work. Have most of the new suspension parts here as well as some extra parts including V-8 bellhousing and engine mounts, 3.31 3rd member, etc.

This car is a time machine. Original and complete except for the original jack handle and hub caps. Never altered.

I drove her in '98 and priour to that, she sat in a barn in Regina, Saskatchewan from 1976 until she was brought to Texas 22 years later. She has been in my garage here since that time.

Have clear Texas title. Car is licensed in Texas. Have Texas 'antique car' plates and '76 Saskatchewan plate.

Price is $10,000 firm. Cash transaction, sold 'as is'. Serious inquiries only. I am located in the Houston, Texas area. Can send photos by E-mail. If interested, please send PM with your E-mail address.

Thanks for your interest,

Harry

Member #:1653
    Harry, I'm gobsmacked. Praying all is well.

Banned

Family first, Nick. Have a family member who needs assistance and have put the Chevy up for sale to see if I can help them. If you know anyone who might be interested in a solid 100% original '57 here in Texas, please let them know it is available. Has been repainted once. Still has original rubber floor and trunk mats and original interiour except for headliner, which has been replaced.

Thanks for your concern and I hope you and yours are doing well there, my friend.

Best regards,

Harry

Member #:1653
    I shall keep you in mind. I wish I had an extra 10 laying around. Being retired has its limitations but I still can pray for you and the family. God Bless my friend.

Member #:115
    Why not post pics here? It might generate more interest. Sorry you feel you have to sell it.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Banned

Great idea and thanks, Laszlo! I do have a file on my computer with some pics of the '57 'resting up' in 'the dungeon' (our little suburban car and a half garage). I'm not very computer savvy when it comes to posting photos on the forum here. But can send the file via E-mail to anyone who wants to see the pics or who may want to post them here.

Happy Motoring,

Harry

Banned

Many thanks for your kind words and prayers, Nick! Much appreciated. That is our situation here, as well.

G-d bless,

Harry

Member #:3217
    Attached are some photos of Harry's '57, sent to me as a zip file, and I had to find an 'unzipper' to open them up.. Harry's words re his car sent with the images are here: "Perhaps you can find a couple pics worth posting. The car is up on blocks in my garage, as I was planning extensive brake and suspension mods and was working out required backspacing for wider wheels. Never made the mods, but that is why a later 15" X 7" rim is on left front in pics. Still have the 5 original '57 14" rims (counting spare) and '70s era bias ply tires on the car otherwise."
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #:3217
    And a few more images of Harry's '57... these 7 photos are all that Harry sent me. Appears to be a very solid and original '57 sedan, with some upgrades in progress... as he described previously.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned

Thanks, Gary!

Many thanks for posting these photos, Gary! You are much more knowledgeable about computers than am I. She is up on blocks in my garage and has a later year 15" X 7" rim on left front in the photo, as I was planning extensive brake and suspension upgrades and wanted to determine correct backspacing for wider rims. Mods were not done. Car remains 100% original and I have all 5 original 1957 14" rims with '70s era bias ply tires on her otherwise.......

Happy Motoring,

Harry
    Last edited by enigma57; 01-21-2018 at 10:10 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast