Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1955 Chevy Nomad front eyebrow , Fender & door Spear

Registered Member

Member #:571
    Can you say who makes the aluminum set? Do they have a website?

Is your "good deal" OEM pieces or one of the aftermarket suppliers?

Member #:3217
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick_L View Post
    Can you say who makes the aluminum set? Do they have a website?

Is your "good deal" OEM pieces or one of the aftermarket suppliers?
    No, I can't say as I don't know them, but I've a friend who can sell either the aluminum set or the brass set; I think the person who makes the aluminum set is in Colorada? or in that vicinity (I talked to him around 10 yrs ago when he had some of the aluminum blanks). My friend who can sell those has owned somewhere between 50-60 Nomads, and does some buying/selling, more so in his younger days. If you are interested in a set, I can give you contact information for my friend...

The maker of the brass set is in Georgia... These are both reproduction pieces, but if I didn't already have a nice set for my car, I'd look seriously at the aluminum parts (due to price and weight). I don't like the idea of the weight of the brass pieces, although I'm told they 'fit' better, and of course will last forever... no pits.

I do have ONE NOS eyebrow which I would sell/trade... drivers side if I recall correctly.

Member #:115
    The guy in Colorado used to make brass ones....I believe his name was Bill Hunt and he lived only about half hour from me in the mountains. I talked to him once on the phone but don't remember why I even called him . I don't know if he's still around or if he's still making the parts. Maybe someone else is casting them in aluminum, or Bill decided aluminum was cheaper and better if he's still making them. I had a good friend who owned a casting shop in town, but he died a couple of years ago. If he had access to a good stock set I'm sure he could have made some replicas. The guy did some nice work reproducing rare parts for other cars.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123