Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello, just joined

Member #:3
    Welcome to the Better site Dick ,

Sounds like a great collection of cars .

Please post some pictures .

Thanks Sid

1955 2 DR Post
    1937 Chevy Coupe
    2023 Ford Super Duty F350 TREMOR
    2019 Corvette Z06
    1955 Chevy Nomad
    1935 Ford 2dr Slant back I have 4

Registered Member

Member #:3684
    Hi Richard, welcome from another new member. Saw your post on the corvette. I also have a LS3 powered 62 Corvette with one of Billy's chassis. I was one of Billy's earliest customers, bought the chassis around 2001. It was supposed to be serial number 13. I told him no way, I had enough problems without tempting fate. Skip 13 and make me 14. Him being a pilot i think he understood and obliged.

Member #:3217
    I wonder if Billy sold #13 to someone else? or just skipped that number... I'll have to ask him next time we talk...

Registered Member

Member #:3682
    56 wagon, you’ve had the chassis quite a while, how does the chassis perform? What do you like about it? In your opinion, what would you have done differently?

The Corvette Correction chassis Billy makes looks like a good one to me. We picked up one for the 59 corvette a few weeks ago. It’s configured with the Dana 44 and big brakes.

Member #:1608
    Welcome to the site

Member #:530
    Welcome Dick!. Start a new post in the Members Ride Update section and post some pics of your builds. We'd all love to see what you've been doing with all your time...being retired and all...
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Registered Member

Member #:3682
    I've pulled a few pictures of the 68 GTO and 66 Chevy II off the iPhone that might be of interest. I started a new thread in 'member progress updates' section on the 56 chevy.

68 GTO 2.jpeg68 GTO 1.jpeg66chevyII 5.jpeg66 chevyII 1.jpeg66chevyII 4.jpeg66chevyII 3.jpeg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TrifiveRichard; 02-06-2018 at 11:09 AM. Reason: add pictures

Registered Member

Member #:571
    Was at the Lockhart, TX car show this past weekend and saw a 56 Nomad and a C1 Corvette (unsure of the year) that were done turnkey at Corvette Corrections. Both were nicely done cars, beautiful finish work as far as it went, but both had LS3 plastic coil covers and simple not well thought out air intake/air cleaner plumbing. Was told the Nomad was for sale for $200k. Nice car but not worth over about $80k to my way of thinking. Just my opinion.

Registered Member

Member #:3684
    Sorry, just saw your question. I really like the chassis. No problems whatsoever. Back when he first started I thought they sat to high (factory height). I asked if he could build it 1 in lower and he said yes. I think mine was the first one he did that way. I believe he started building them all that height since then or it could be my imagination. Anyway I haven't met a nicer or more honest individual in the car business than Billy, and would buy from again in a second. Good luck on your build.

Member #:3217
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick_L View Post
    Was at the Lockhart, TX car show this past weekend and saw a 56 Nomad and a C1 Corvette (unsure of the year) that were done turnkey at Corvette Corrections. Both were nicely done cars, beautiful finish work as far as it went, but both had LS3 plastic coil covers and simple not well thought out air intake/air cleaner plumbing. Was told the Nomad was for sale for $200k. Nice car but not worth over about $80k to my way of thinking. Just my opinion.
    Billy owns both of those cars; you apparently saw his display at the show? or maybe he and his wife just drove the cars to that show? They are in Seguin, not sure how far that is from Lockhart?

The 'orange' '60 model Corvette was completed 5-6 yrs ago, but Billy just finished the Nomad (red/ivory?) a few months ago. He told me he was offered $160 for it at the first show he took it to, but declined it since he had just finished it... I told him he had to keep until I had a chance to see it in final form...

If you see Billy and one of his cars at another show, let him know you'd like to drive it.. He'll let you. I think you will be very pleasantly surprised at the 'drive/ride/handling/etc'...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast