Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello, just joined

Registered Member

Member #:3682

Hello, just joined

My name is Richard (Dick) Barnes, Huntsville, AL. I'm retired and really enjoy working on 50s and 60s cars & pickup trucks, mostly modified. My current project is a black '56 chevy 2dr ht bel air. It has an LS3/525, 6 speed, 9 inch with an art morrison chassis. I'm winding up the build, having just finished the wiring (Infinitybox). Need to do final checks on the wiring, add fluids, start it up, check things out, get the alignment checked, and take it to the interior guy. I'm planning on making the trifive nationals in August with the car.

A little info on me and my vehicles, I have my own shop, and enjoy working with my son when he has time to work on his '69 camaro. I have a few other vehicles, some built and some builders (don't we all!) I have a '68 GTO HO and a '66 Chevy II that are built. The GTO is mostly a restoration, given it was so original. The Chevy II post is a restomod with a hilborn injected 454/6 speed/12 bolt. I also have a few builders, including a '55 210 dr, a '55 second series pickup, a '48 Ford F1 pickup, a' 29 Model A, a '69 camaro basket case, and a few others. I'm sure I won't get to them all before i'm gone, but I will enjoy completing what I can! Also, my significant other recently purchased a '59 corvette, that will be a restomod, with an LS3/495, 6 speed, Corvette Correction chassis with C4 front/rear suspensions/brakes. That's in line after the '56.

I've taken a look through a number of the posts, and am sure there are things I can leverage from alls knowledge, and maybe I can contribute some too! I'll post some pics a little later if there's interest. Dick

Banned

Member #:2775
    Great collection of cars, and projects. There are never enough hours and money to get to them all, but it's a priceless journey though for sure, having ideas, and goals. I just bought a project I didn't need. A 1950 Chevy 4100 "small" 1.5 ton fire truck with 2400 miles on it, from my families hometown 500 miles away, sight unseen, waiting on delivery. It's like opening a new present, with no money, time, or space to work on it. But, my 5 little grandkids will never forget where they came from.
    Last edited by 55 Rescue Dog; 02-01-2018 at 03:45 PM.

Registered Member carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)'s Avatar

Member #:33
    hi Dick and welcome. good to have you here.
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.

Member #:1653
    Welcome aboard

Banned

Member #:2941
    Welcome aboard, Dick! Great to have you here. Look forward to hearing more about your builds.

Happy Motoring,

Harry
    Last edited by enigma57; 02-02-2018 at 01:13 AM.

Member #:3217
    Welcome Dick!~ It's about time! Maybe YOU can post some photos of your car now, and I won't have to do it~

Folks: I've told you several time about my friend Dick's fantastic '56 2Dr HT... Dick is that man~
    He's sequestered out in CO right now, so apparently has some time to post.. maybe we can keep him posting about his build progress once he gets back to work..

Member #:115
    Welcome to the site! If you're near northern CO come on by!
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Registered Member

Member #:3360
    Welcome, sounds like you have scraped your knuckles a few more times then you can remember.

Registered Member

Member #:3682
    thanks all for the welcome. As Gary (BamaNomad) indicated, I am currently in CO (for the month in Aspen/Snowmass area). My significant other really enjoys snow skiing, and Chevynut, appreciate the invite to Ft Collins, but don't know how I'd get there since we flew in, but I'd love to see the nomad in person and some of the work.

Like many of you, I'm sure, building cars is a challenging, frustrating and rewarding experience. Much like Chevynut (I believe, after looking at some of his nomad photos), I prefer restomods, mostly because of the creativity involved (and yes, scraped knuckles and scalp, too). I do like to keep the bodies pretty stock though, but the rest is up for grabs. Question 55 Rescue Dog: the fire truck sounds interesting, but where to you keep a fire engine??

When I get back to Huntsville, I'll start a thread on the '56 build. I think it's turning out pretty - we'll see what you all think. BTW Chevynut, I have a porsche also, a 1983 911SC with 75,000 miles that i bought new. It's sat for a while now though, I can't seem to get back to it...

Banned

Member #:2775
    Thanks R for asking about the fire truck. Wasn't going to post much about it until I get it shipped from Kansas to Iowa, [$750] and see what the hell I just bought! It's not as big as an extended cab Dually pick-up, but it still has the original siren, spotlights, red cherry light that makes it 6 inches taller than my garage door, with no room left for a vehicle anyway. The fire truck is from the tiny town of Athol KS that's nearest to the cabin where the song "Home on the Range" was written and composed, and my roots. There is not another truck like it.
    Last edited by 55 Rescue Dog; 02-02-2018 at 03:52 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast