Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: My 56 Chevy HT Progress

Member #:115
    I have the same Magnaflow mufflers with 3" inlet and outlet. Hope they're not too loud. I have 3 1/2" DMH electric cutouts when I want it loud.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Registered Member

Member #:3682
    Laszlo, i think it’s going to be loud with or without the cutouts open...

I’d thought about adding cutouts, too. Problem with the Morrison frame, there just isn’t a reasonable place to locate them.

Registered Member

Had a little scheduling delay getting to the interior shop - they weren’t ready for it yet. Atkins and crew were busy finishing cars going to the Goodguys Nashville event this weekend. The 56 is now planned to go to them this coming Tuesday.

The delay gave me time to finish up those ‘details’. Everything is done, except finish cutting/buffing/mounting the hood, aligning the front end, and charging the A/C. I also obviously have to double check to make sure everything is tight. Hard to believe, the end is in sight!

QUESTION: how many of you are planning to attend the Trifive Nationals in Bowling Green, KY in August? We went last year, and thoroughly enjoyed the event. I plan on bringing the 56 this year. Hope to see/meet many of you there! Dick

Member #:3249
    Tri-five Nationals........not this year, but probably next year. I caught my wife checking out on-line stuff about it. Her first comment when I mentioned it was, "I've never been to Kentucky, let's go!". My 56 is ALMOST ready to hit the road. I need to install my aftermarket dash gauge unit, get tires and alignment, and charge up the new Vintage Air system. Then, I'll get some miles on it before we start cruising to car shows around the southwest this fall. Lots more to do to it to finish, but at least we'll be able to drive it. Hopefully, 2019!

Registered Member

Member #:3018
    I'm going to try to make it again this year, but if I do it'll only be on Friday... as of now I'm flying out to Denver that Saturday for work, so theres a good possibility I won't be able to make it if anything changes.

Registered Member

Hey busterwivell, sounds to me like you’re close. Come on out, even if you can’t bring your 56. Last year there were over 2000 trifives, of all varieties, along with the drags.

56Safari, that’s a pretty tight schedule. Sounds like work is getting in the way, I vaguely remember those days!

Registered Member

Time for the interior to go in - we took the 56 to the interior shop today for its transformation. The shop is Paul Atkins Interiors, Hanceville, AL. They have been in the business since the early 80s, having completed interiors for quite a few vehicles throughout the years, including a number of Ridler vehicles. We're on the way!

Car10.JPG Car11.JPG

Member #:3217
    Congratulations Dick! Hopefully Paul will hit his milestone now (for 1 August back to you!)..
    (car looks great with all the parts back on it)..

Gary

Member #:2442
    Car looks great. What are the wheels from? Or who are they from?

Member #:3249
    Quote Originally Posted by TrifiveRichard View Post
    Hey busterwivell, sounds to me like you’re close. Come on out, even if you can’t bring your 56. Last year there were over 2000 trifives, of all varieties, along with the drags.

56Safari, that’s a pretty tight schedule. Sounds like work is getting in the way, I vaguely remember those days!
    Actually, my wife and I both feel that half the fun is the drive to and from an event. Flying to Kentucky doesn't have the appeal. We'll be there when we can drive the 56 there. Really looking forward to that long of a trip.

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast