Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: My 56 Chevy HT Progress

Registered Member

Member #:3682
    Looks good - I’ve used the lokar gas pedal on a couple projects and it’s worked well for me.

Member #:3217
    I went over to Dick's shop today and assisted in installing his door flippers (2 dr Hardtop)... FUN FUN FUN... as you hardtop owners undoubtedly know... Anyway, I only had my i-phone, but he asked me to take a couple of pix and post here... He may want to make some comments about this aspect of 'Trifive' Hardtop design... .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Member

Made progress on the upholstery front today. Gary and I visited Paul Atkins Interiors today. We talked with Paul and his people and got a chance to take a look at what he’s currently working on, as well as a number of interiors he’s completed - really nice work. Paul agreed on doing the 56s interior and complete it before the August Trifive Nationals, as long as I get the car to him by the third week of April. Most of what’s left is odds and ends, so I believe this is doable, with a little help from my friends!

Thanks Dick for allowing me to ride down with you... It's been a couple of years since I was there, and Paul and his shop DOES DO amazing interiors. He will do a wonderful job on yours as well, and it WILL be a show stopper (and very likely a show topper).. I got very good vibes from Paul re your interior, and I'm very pleased for you that he *promised* to have it ready by August and the Tri-Five nationals..

I hope you know that I'm willing to help you meet your end of that schedule.. just let me know when you need a couple of hands..

PS. For the other fellas on this site: He had several LT4 (newest models) in cars in his shop and a couple in crates ready to go. This was my first opportunity to see the Chevy's new LT4 being employed in a hot rod. Paul indicated that he's completed a couple of them and getting them running was no big deal.. I think that might mean before long, our LS based rods will be 'old hat' and in the past..
    Last edited by BamaNomad; 03-13-2018 at 07:19 PM.

Registered Member

Thanks Gary for your past help, and the offer to continue, I’ll need it! As we talked, there are a number of ‘details’ to finish up before the car goes to Paul.

Member #:115
    Quote Originally Posted by TrifiveRichard View Post
    there are a number of ‘details’ to finish up before the car goes to Paul.
    My "details" seem to turn into months of work!!
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Registered Member

I know what you mean CN, and some not needed for the interior/trunk work may need to be postponed...

Registered Member

spent some time yesterday with Gary and swiped out front wheel spacers. With the Art Morrison chassis, 2" dropped spindles and later model corvette rims, I needed a 3/4" spacer. While the wheels were off, Gary took some pictures of the front fender wells. Notice in the attached pictures that the lower half of the inner fender well has been cut out and replaced to allow it to bolt up to the frame, using a 3/16" rubber gasket. I also relocated the horns under the fenders to get them out of the front radiator area.

DSC01797 (Copy).jpg DSC01806 (Copy).jpg DSC01807 (Copy).jpg DSC01808 (Copy).jpg DSC01824 (Copy).jpg

Richard has the underneath side of the inner fenders cut/buffed to a high sheen, to the point that trying to photograph it (or even 'see' it) is like looking into a mirror... Maybe that's why Chevy painted all that in 'chassis' black...

Richard modified the inner fenders so they attach to the frame rail and enlarged the 'splash shield' so between the two of them the engine compartment is nearly totally protected from wheel splash... and of course he HAD to polish the heads of the SS fasteners (and washers).. which makes the photography even worse..

Richard has the underneath side of the inner fenders cut/buffed to a high sheen, to the point that trying to photograph it (or even 'see' it) is like looking into a mirror... Maybe that's why Chevy painted all that in 'chassis' black...

Richard modified the inner fenders so they attach to the frame rail and enlarged the 'splash shield' so between the two of them the engine compartment is nearly totally protected from wheel splash... and of course he HAD to polish the heads of the SS fasteners (and washers).. which makes the photography even worse..

I'd never worked on willwood brakes before, and to swap out the spacers, we needed to also swap the wheel studs; I was surprised that the wheel studs were 'screwed in' (as opposed to being splined and pressed in as all the stock Chevy stuff I'd one before were. The willwood brake components seemed to be extremely well engineering (and beautiful of course)...

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast