Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: My 56 Chevy HT Progress

Registered Member

Member #:3682
    Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    Looks great Richard! It must feel awesome to have it done. I notice you still have the vent windows......are they electric? I don't see a crank.
    They are non-functional, Laszlo. I like the look, but don’t need them with the a/c and didn’t want the handles sticking out of the door panels. Also, I got my first ‘leak check’ coming back from the interior shop on the roll back. In dumped a couple times in the hour it took to get back, and the windwings, windows, doors and trunk were all dry on the inside. Good news!

Another item, you can’t see it in the picture, but the door panel near the front has some perforations with a tweeter mounted under the door panel to the door. This simplified the door panel, but let’s the tunes come through!

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by LEE T View Post
    Looks awesome!
    I really like the way you store your project cars.
    Thanks Lee, and I don’t know about you, but we are always looking for ways to gain back usable floor space. Putting up new buildings gets expensive...

Member #:115
    Quote Originally Posted by TrifiveRichard View Post
    They are non-functional, Laszlo. I like the look, but don’t need them with the a/c and didn’t want the handles sticking out of the door panels.
    Same here. I wanted to retain the vent windows, but also wanted them functional (not sure why ). Never thought about leaving them non-functional so I installed electric motors from a 60's Caddy using the tri5 convertible vent frames without the latches. I'll probably put switches on the dash valence for them.

Another item, you can’t see it in the picture, but the door panel near the front has some perforations with a tweeter mounted under the door panel to the door.
    I really like the design of your door panels and the rest of the interior. And the workmanship looks outstanding. I couldn't find a good place for them so I mounted my tweeters in the headliner at the top corner of the windshield. Hope they work okay there. Looks like you're using Clayton interior door release handles similar to mine.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Member #:530
    I had to stop and wipe the drool off my face. Gawd, that interior just looks amazing!!!!
    Drive the heck out of that 56 and enjoy it.
    It's a sweet ride.
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Registered Member

Thanks WC, BamaNomad and I took it to be aligned and registered today. Motor pulls strong and does handle well. Otherwise, still working off items before we take off for Trifives mats.

Registered Member

Never thought about tweeters in the headliner, but sounds like a good place for them...

Member #:3217
    Here's how it looks in the sun sitting in the empty part of a large mall parking lot... (I had to 'guard it' while Richard got his registration... )

Note: While sitting there, two persons pulled up to 'look', including the wife of one of our members here... she was taking photos to send to him!).. The car did get some attention wherever we went...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Member #:2442
    Richard,
    Saw your car in person at the nationals on Friday. Beautiful car, looks even better in person than it does in the pictures.
    Brian

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Custer55 View Post
    Richard,
    Saw your car in person at the nationals on Friday. Beautiful car, looks even better in person than it does in the pictures.
    Brian

Thanks Brian, sorry I didn’t get a chance to meet you at the show. There were many very nice vehicles, more than I could digest. Dick

Registered Member

Update on the 56

It's been quite a while since we completed and provided any updates on the 56 Chevy. We don't have a lot of miles on it, about 2000, mostly going to meets/shows. Today we took it to a local Huntsville, AL show put on by the Vets for Vettes (and others), at Cabela's, proceeds going to charity. The show was open to virtually all cars, trucks, and motorcycles. Not sure how many vehicles were there, but probably 150 or so. There weren't many tri-fives, although there was another 56 2DR Bel Air HT, black and white, really nice. The following pictures were Sue prepping and the car at the show.

IMG_1181.jpeg

IMG_1222.jpeg

I know many, if not most, of you had a try-five as a teen. I had one too, and it was a black, 1956 Chevy 2DR Bel Air HT. The following picture is of it, out of focus, but shows me about 17 years old working under the hood. I actually had hair back then!

IMG_0260.JPG

Have any pictures of you with your original tri-five?

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast