Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: My 56 Chevy HT Progress

Registered Member

Member #:3682
    Thanks for the info Rick.

Don’t know if it would work, but have you thought about a longer air cleaner box with a rectangular or oval air intake in front of the radiator support? This would eliminate the elbow completely and allow a different shape going into the area in front of the radiator support...

Registered Member

Member #:571
    I did. The problem with that is that the box and the back of the headlight bucket interfere if you do that. Again a function of the shorter overhang of a 55 compared to a 56 or 57. So I nixed that approach. Everything is a compromise due to other things in the way, some that Chevy did, some that I did. I would rather have the intake air be from the grille area but it's not going to happen on this car.

The other thing that I did different from you is that I strived to make the intake tube level in its run to the inner fender. Yours appears to run uphill from the throttle body to the inner fender. I had to make a big chamfer on the bottom rear of the box to have tire clearance, hope I did enough.

Registered Member

Nice try anyway...and you’re right, I angled the tube up some to clear the tire. I’d have preferred it level, but the front is pretty low, given the Morrison chassis w/2inch dropped front spindles.

Registered Member

Member #:571
    I'm hoping that big chamfer takes care of my tire clearance - but I'll admit I didn't do a real check - and I'm not satisfied with what I think my ride height will be anyway - hope it turns out ok. If not, we'll adjust.

Registered Member

Been working on checking out the electrical system, almost complete. All but a couple items are working as expected.

The Infinity Box is working as advertised. It has a nice feature: when the car is locked via the key fob, the ignition power and starter power are disabled. When the doors are unlocked via the fob, they are again enabled. The biggest problem with checking out the system was learning curve.

The 2 residual problems are associated with the Vintage Air controls and GTO seats. The VA fan doesn't seem to be working right (I may have interchanged the connectors from the slides, have to check). On the seat, he power tilt works, but the forward/rear movement and back adjustment don't. Looks like the switches aren't getting power. Have to check these items out next.

Looking forward to starting the motor in the next few days!

Int11.JPG

Registered Member

It was a good day today - cranked the 56 and it runs! The idle lope with the ASA cam on the LS3/525hp sounds like the old rods. I still have a few items to finish before the car goes to the interior shop, planned for next Wed.

Car5.JPG Car7.JPG Car9.JPG

Member #:115
    Looks GREAT Dick! Got any video of the engine running?
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Registered Member

Not yet Laszlo, but I'll take one and post.

Member #:40
    Sweet hardtop !

Member #:3217
    Fantastic Dick! and it looks super in the sun...

Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast