Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: New Show on Discovery

Member #:3

New Show on Discovery

I was contacted by the casting director on a new Discovery car series. It's a lot like antique road show, but only for cars and auto memorabilia.

They are in the very final week of casting and need a few memorabilia owners who'd like to show off their collection, and have it appraised on the show. This is very time sensitive.

"We are seeking car owners with antique car items, auto memorabilia, etc for a new series on Discovery. In short, it's a bit like "Antiques Road Show" but just with cars.
    PLEASE NOTE: The STORY of the item is more important than condition or value for Discovery.. we're telling the story of your item, and it's importance to automotive history... so if it's a little beat up, we do NOT need perfect, restored items.
    Interested parties (if selected) would have an all-expense paid trip, plus safe insured shipping of their item to Los Angeles to appear on the show, and be appraised by individuals that are eminently qualified to do so."

best,
    Michael Yates
    Casting Director/Producer
    310-691-0911 (C)

Click below for Application:
    https://untitleddiscoverycarseries.castingcrane.com/
    "Note, it does specify barn find cars, but I ASSURE YOU, we are now only seeking interesting, rare or valuable car memorabilia."

1955 2 DR Post
    1937 Chevy Coupe
    2023 Ford Super Duty F350 TREMOR
    2019 Corvette Z06
    1955 Chevy Nomad
    1935 Ford 2dr Slant back I have 4

Member #:3217
    wow.. that's interesting, but sounds like a show that is only going to last an episode or two.. Maybe I should contact them about the set of TA70 magnesium wheels I have; pretty rare from my understanding...

Viewers would probably also love to hear about some of the unusual 'accessories' offered by GM and other mfgers during the 40's and 50's.. vacuum ash trays (anyone got an NOS one?), shavers, etc..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered Member

Member #:2764

Clocks

I've been wondering what these are worth. The champion lights up also but doesn't reach the outlet right now. One of these days I'll pull the second hand and paint it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tony

1955 Bel Air Sport Coupe

Registered Member carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)'s Avatar

Member #:33
    I do like antique road show, will be looking forward to this one too I'm sure. thanks for info.
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.