Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: power brake check valve

Registered Member

Member #:2764

power brake check valve

I heard some vehicles used a check valve inline in the hose going to the booster for the power brakes, but I'm not doing well trying to find one. Anyone know what make and year had them? I've heard from a few people that F*rd used them, but what F*rd I don't know. I found a real small one Dorman makes but besides it's small size, it's brand new and doesn't work, I can blow air through it both ways.
    Thanks in advance!

Registered Member

Replying to myself here, I just found one at Summit Racing. I need one for my Subaru, it has a faulty check valve and it's somehow crammed inside the hose that goes to the booster. So now I can put a new hose on it and splice this in the middle with the check valve. (my hose is shot too or I'd cut out the old one and put in the new one.)

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/c...display-detail

Registered Member

Member #:571
    Most all GM cars as well as many others have a check valve in the plastic fitting that pushes into a grommet on the booster. For those, it should be an auto supply item.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_L View Post
    Most all GM cars as well as many others have a check valve in the plastic fitting that pushes into a grommet on the booster. For those, it should be an auto supply item.
    Yes, those are at every auto parts store but my booster doesn't take a big rubber grommet and check valve. It takes a ~ 3/8 hose from the manifold to the booster. The GM ones do me no good.
    Tony

1955 Bel Air Sport Coupe

Registered Member

Go to the Subaru web site next time. Don't let the lesbian Subaru owners get you down.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rick_L View Post
    Go to the Subaru web site next time. Don't let the lesbian Subaru owners get you down.
    LOL I didn't know lesbians drive Subaru's?! Someone should have told me before I bought it.
    Tony

1955 Bel Air Sport Coupe

Registered Member

That's pretty well known. Be careful in your interactions with Subaru owners. Some are militant.

Registered Member

Well thanks for the heads up, I'll watch my step and I'll stay away from Subaru conventions. I can stand to miss the speaker there, her name is Ellen something.
    Tony

1955 Bel Air Sport Coupe

Member #:3217
    C3 Corvettes used a check valve in the vacuum circuits that raised the headlights and WSW door. It is an inline check valve, available at Corvette Central and other fine Corvette dealers.. ...

https://www.corvettecentral.com/c3-6...dcheck%2bvalve

Registered Member

Member #:625
    I will have to remember this because I read it on the internet so it must be true.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast