Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Back to my fuel vapor in the lines.

Registered Member

Member #:2764
    Well maybe I used the wrong or too strong a word. It isn't as if I'm going to go home and cry to my Mommy.

I do have the satisfaction of knowing I was right and not listening to everyone who kept suggesting other ideas or telling me I'm on the wrong track.

My biggest letdown is that no one took my bet!
    Tony

1955 Bel Air Sport Coupe

Member #:3217
    Well Tony, we all thought you were looking for 'solution possibilities', whereas you apparently believed you were conducting a 'boiling gas seminar' for all us ignorant folks...

Registered Member

Oh, so the guy in the video CN posted was conducting a "boiling gas seminar"? Thinking it over I guess he was, and I was also conducting a boiling gas seminar. But after repeated attempts, no one believed the teacher.
    Tony

1955 Bel Air Sport Coupe

Banned

Member #:2775
    Quote Originally Posted by 55 Tony View Post
    Oh, so the guy in the video CN posted was conducting a "boiling gas seminar"? Thinking it over I guess he was, and I was also conducting a boiling gas seminar. But after repeated attempts, no one believed the teacher.
    Being a part time industrial electrical instructor at a local college, you might want to brush up on your teaching skills a bit.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by 55 Rescue Dog View Post
    Being a part time industrial electrical instructor at a local college, you might want to brush up on your teaching skills a bit.
    Yes, I'll have to go new wave "old school". If they don't believe me and keep up with the wrong answers, get out the stun gun and zap some sense into them. And you do realize that I wasn't the first to call me a teacher, I was just listening to one of the smart alec brats in class. Truthfully, in the three jobs I had before being self employed, the bosses asked me to teach the other repair techs. I failed the first time and told the next two that I can't teach, I can only diagnose and repair.

Dictionary
    smart al·eck
    ˈsmärd ˌalək/
    informal
    noun
    noun: smart alec
    a person who is irritating because they behave as if they know everything.
    Tony

1955 Bel Air Sport Coupe

Registered Member

Member #:3678
    Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    Here's something interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cadNfSNi_Oc
    I am going to assume that do to time constraints placed on the video they did`nt show or mention cleaning the tank after the cut was made.They cut the hole from the bottom mentioning the shavings but then de-burr the hole right side up allowing the shaving to fall right in the tank.The pictured Aeromotive pump is not inexpensive either and is a nice setup.

Registered Member

Member #:571
    Way better than modifying a crummy perhaps doubtful old tank (along with the safety hazards) is to just replace the tank with a Tanks Inc. tank and their in-tank pump. Tanks Inc. and Aeromotive sell the same tank, but I think it's cheaper at Tanks Inc. The tank is essentially the same as a stock tank except it's set up for the in-tank pump. The fuel pump setup certainly is far cheaper and very adequate from Tanks Inc. You will need a regulator and return line with this setup, with the pressure set for a carb. You could place it near the tank to avoid having to run a return line the length of the car.

Registered Member

Gallons Per Hour?

Anyone have a simple guesstimate calculation for gph needed for a certain HP? Or damn, the internet has millions of online calculators but I can't find one for gph of fuel & HP. I bought the Holley Red pump and although it hasn't starved for gas yet, going WOT drops the pressure from 6.5psi to 3.5 psi. I haven't gone a 1/4 mile but I think it will make it. When I bought the Red pump I was looking at the free flow gph, not the 7psi flow rate. Funny thing is that even if I clamp off the return line it acts the same exact way.
    Tony

1955 Bel Air Sport Coupe

Member #:115
    I think I posted this in your first thread.

http://www.onallcylinders.com/2013/0...ions-answered/

"There’s a simple formula to calculate GPH or LPH (liters per hour), but there are some variables to this formula, depending on your application. Norm Koval, a team leader in the Summit Racing technical department, typically follows this formula as laid out by the air/fuel experts at Holley:
    Optimal GPH = (Max. HP x BSFC) / 6
    Optimal LPH = (Max. HP x BSFC) / 1.585
    In order to make the proper calculation, you need to determine your variables for this equation, starting with your vehicle’s maximum horsepower (Max. HP). You can determine this by having your vehicle dyno tested or by making a reasonable horsepower estimate based on the manufacturer’s advertised horsepower plus a conservative estimate of power gains made by aftermarket modifications.
    The second variable in the equation is BSFC, or brake-specific fuel consumption. BSFC is a measurement of the amount of fuel consumed per unit of power produced. According to Holley, an engine typically requires .5 pounds of fuel per horsepower every hour at wide open throttle. However, this number generally applies to naturally aspirated engines."
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Member #:115
    Here's the flow versus pressure graph from Holley:

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel...parts/12-801-1
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast