Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
It's a lot easier to diagnose a problem with a car right in front of you than to have someone describe symptoms, change them, feed bits of information at a time, and ask someone to diagnose it over the internet. I agree with Rick that something wasn't right with your fuel system and you never really did figure out the true root cause. You changed too many things at one time to say precisely what was causing the problem. There's probably guys in your area with carbs and mechanical fuel pumps using the same exact gas that don't have the same problem....so why not?

Yes it looked like the fuel was "boiling" in your pump and/or fuel lines and you fixed it by changing to an electric pump. But can you say exactly WHY it was "boiling"? I personally don't know if you can based on all the things you changed. Was the pump too hot? Were you pulling a vacuum on the fuel line? Was your fuel bad? Why was the fuel still boiling on the pressure side of the pump? Or was the line to the pump hot enough to vaporize the fuel?

Anyhow, I'm glad you got it fixed too.
Yes I do know the problem. The fuel pump was heating the fuel to over it's boiling point. No "hot lines" boiling it. I don't know what you mean about changing too many things at once. I changed the fuel pump to an electric one mounted in a cooler area and the problem went away. Bad gas? Bad gas for years and years from 20 or more different gas stations? All the info is in the thread, but it was quite a long thread and I don't expect anyone to re-read it all.