Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Back to my fuel vapor in the lines.

Registered Member

Member #:2764
    It sure must be a coincidence that they sell thousands of fuel pump insulators for a problem that doesn't exist. Sorry I called you an asshole, you are correct Rick.
    Tony

1955 Bel Air Sport Coupe

Registered Member

Member #:2764
    Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    I think I'd be more convinced if you would have installed the electric pump and run it through the existing fuel line to your existing mechanical pump without any other modifications, as I suggested. If the problem went away, it was NOT the mechanical pump getting too hot. If the problem remained, I would have agreed the pump was getting the gas too hot. You changed the fittings in the tank, the pickup location, the line between the pump and the tank, and re-routed the line to the carb. To prove root cause you change ONE thing at a time. To "shotgun" the problem and just fix it, you can change everything you want to.

The video showed a similar problem as yours. But again they changed a bunch of things to fix it.
    I don't know where you came up with that. I didn't change any fittings at the tank. I cut into the existing fuel line and installed the pump, then bypassed the mechanical pump. But like I told Rick, you are probably right, they sell thousands of fuel pump insulators because people think they look cool, not due to boiling fuel. You are correct.
    Tony

1955 Bel Air Sport Coupe

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213