Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Greg and 1955 chevy 2 door

Member #:3217
    uhoh... ... I don't think those pix are the 'latest update'....?

Member #:115
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    You guys can do what you want, but I have a friend that works for the state patrol and hear stories of cars bought out of state being impounded. I don't know or care was the law is everywhere, but do know the correct procedures for my state.
    That was my exact point. You "might" know the law in your state, but you still haven't cited it or proved what you said. Just because a "cop friend" told you something doesn't make it a fact. I've heard a lot of BS from cops that's simply not true, and not in the statutes. So post the law or as far as I'm concerned it's just hearsay. And your laws don't apply in every other state anyhow. I'm betting that if you have a body VIN tag virtually every state will accept it. Especially on a 60 year old car.

And Bama, I'm betting more than 10% of these cars that are left have frames other than what they left the factory with. Most of these cars have been rebuilt from the ground up and frames are regularly swapped, if only for another original one. Not one of mt C4 conversion customers from all over the country has ever worried about the frame VIN.
    Last edited by chevynut; 05-01-2019 at 07:00 AM.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345