Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wiring

Member #:3
    Summit Racing has this kit cheaper with free shipping

American Autowire 500423 - American Autowire Classic Update Series Wiring Harness Kits

Wiring Harness, Classic Update Series, 18 Circuit, Front Mount Fuse Block, Standard Length, Chevy, Kit

Part Number: AWW-500423

Instock

$503.10

1955 2 DR Post
    1937 Chevy Coupe
    2023 Ford Super Duty F350 TREMOR
    2019 Corvette Z06
    1955 Chevy Nomad
    1935 Ford 2dr Slant back I have 4

Registered Member

Member #:3682
    T-Rex - 21 circuits will handle the items you have listed. If you use a Painless harness, you will probably have to use some circuits for loads different than they are labeled for. The other item that comes to mind is you will need some relays also, for things like the the electrical fuel pump and other higher current switched loads. If you end up needing more circuits, you can use the same fuse blocks as ChevyNut has.

At the risk of giving you too many options, there is another that I am using on a 56 Chevy I'm currently building: it's a system called Infinity Box, and is computer based. I have never used it before, am an electrical engineer, and thought I'd try it. It has some nice features, although it's pretty pricey. Attached are a few pictures of my installation.

Elect3.jpg Elect4.jpg Elect5.jpg Elect6.jpg

Banned

Member #:2775
    Those are some pretty cool wiring setups, but all I know is the simpler you keep it, the easier it is to troubleshoot and repair when something doesn't work. Late model new cars are a prefect example. The OE tri5 wiring is about as simple as it gets. I=E/R

Member #:1608
    I did the AAW Classic on mine. Invest in a good crimp tool

Member #:3217
    I'm with you on that RD... Keep It Simple Sam!~

Registered Member

Member #:2579
    Quote Originally Posted by JT56 View Post
    I did the AAW Classic on mine. Invest in a good crimp tool
    Did you use the tool AAW recommends or something different ?

Registered Member

Member #:3477
    Kwikwire.

Love the kit and its made nicely with an incorporated kill switch. Have one going in my 55 wagon. I installed an AAW harness for a guy last spring, and in my opinion it couldn't compare.

S

Member #:530
    I did the AAW Classic Update kit on my 57 9 passenger wagon (before I sold it). First time ever doing a complete rewire of a car. It was easy, as long as you follow the instructions and stay with it circuit by circuit until you are done. It came with all the new end fittings needed....some of the other kits dont have the end connectors specific to your year.

Invest in a good crimp too. One like this...described as WHPT-18E - Delphi Weather Pack Metri-Pack "Easy Crimp" Crimping Tool 24-14 AWG - Made In USA
    WHPT-18E_A.jpg
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Member #:115
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpion1110 View Post
    Kwikwire.
    Love the kit and its made nicely with an incorporated kill switch. Have one going in my 55 wagon. I installed an AAW harness for a guy last spring, and in my opinion it couldn't compare. S
    Interesting that the Kwikwire harness uses the same universal fuse holders that I'm using.

56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Registered Member

Member #:3477
    Cant comment where they buy their parts Chevynut. But if you and Kwikwire are sourcing the same block then I'd say you both are in good shape.

I am not an expert but I put a Lectric Limited harness in a 65Vette, a Painless harness in a 66Nova, a factory fit in an Impala (I think) an American Autowire Harness in a 48 Chevy Pickup, and then Kwikwire harnesses in a 68 Chevy Pickup, a 46 Chevy Coupe and now the 55 Handyman. Have used Ron Francis stuff also.

Not an expert but have done a fair amount of wiring, and again IMHO Kwikwire is the best most complete kit.

S

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast