Just joined? Please introduce yourself.

Thread: 1956 sedan door factory hole in top of frame??????????

Registered Member

Member #:3126

1956 sedan door factory hole in top of frame??????????

First,thanks for all the help.My project has been quite the challenge.I was putting on the door weatherstrip and noticed on both doors on the front upper frame front there is a factory hole in both doors.Before I asked this I looked at doors on ebay and they have the same factory hole about 3/16 in diameter.I can tell it is factory because the inside shell has a cut out around it.It is about 3 inches down from the top of the frame.Anyone know what that hole is for?????Thanks,again!

Registered Member

Member #:3678
    Quote Originally Posted by jollyold View Post
    First,thanks for all the help.My project has been quite the challenge.I was putting on the door weatherstrip and noticed on both doors on the front upper frame front there is a factory hole in both doors.Before I asked this I looked at doors on ebay and they have the same factory hole about 3/16 in diameter.I can tell it is factory because the inside shell has a cut out around it.It is about 3 inches down from the top of the frame.Anyone know what that hole is for?????Thanks,again!
    Round rubber door bumper.

Registered Member

I have the round rubber on the jamb {2} for the door to close to but this is on the door frame facing forward.Is that suppose to have a bumper to?Thanks

Registered Member

Member #:3678
    Quote Originally Posted by jollyold View Post
    I have the round rubber on the jamb {2} for the door to close to but this is on the door frame facing forward.Is that suppose to have a bumper to?Thanks
    Yes bumper there and two(2) bumpers per side at the car`s inside roof line at each corner.

Registered Member

Thank you!