Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Morning Thread

Member #:3217
    Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    I retired 5 1/2 years ago the same month I turned 59 and I'm busier now than I was before I retired.
    .. me too .. 5 yrs ago! but NOW we are busy at HOME on our OWN stuff... lots better.. ... although today was split between the doctor's office and the bank... so not much car work done..

Registered Member

Member #:2764
    Today I have to finish organizing some things, no a LOT of things in my shop so it doesn't look like a disaster area when a guy drops off a pinball tonight for repairs. It's in that in between stage where I'm half way done but it looks worse than before. Since I'll be working late I also plan on taking some time off to put my street tires on the 55 and see some things discussed in a different thread. Also supposed to be a high of 80F today so it's a very good day to see how my "cool fuel" system is working with winter blend gas.
    Tony

1955 Bel Air Sport Coupe

Member #:3454
    Good Morning Everybody. Well on the second day of retirement I got up at 7:00 and got the coffee which is about the time I used to be leaving the house. I have a couple things I will do here at home and then probably run a couple errands. It has warmed up from the 42 degrees we had yesterday morning but we are supposed to have rain today with possible hail. I hope everybody has a good day.

Member #:3249
    I'm 71, still working 4 days a week, own the business, need to fix that soon. I should probably post more often, but seem to just post when I have a problem. If I was any good at posting pictures, maybe that would make it easier. Slowly finishing the final things on my list to make my 56 a driver. Need to get the gauges installed, seat belts installed, get the 700 to shift into 4th gear, then tires and alignment......and it's time to drive it! Won't get any progress done this weekend, headed to Good Guys Del Mar, Ca with my wife.

Registered Member carls 56 (RIP 11/24/2021)'s Avatar

Member #:33
    another day above ground, sweet!!!!!!!!!
    ARMY NAM VET, very proud!

56 210 4dr

drive and enjoy them while you work on them, life is to short.

Member #:530
    I envy you retired guys..with all that time for your Tri5's.
    I'm buried in job stuff for the rest of the week so no playing with my cars till the weekend.
    Have a set of new mufflers that need to be put on the 59 Apache next. The old ones rusted and blew out last week...so thats' the next thing to do with the little 110v welder I have.
    1957 Nomad- LS1/T56 on C4 chassis
    1959 Fleetside Apache 1/2 ton, shortbed, big window, 327ci.

Member #:115
    Every day I put together a to-do list and it usually has a dozen things on it, many of which get carried forward. I spend the first couple hours each morning drinking coffee and watching the stock market, and placing trades if the time is right. I manage all my own IRAs myself. Tried a professional "wealth manager" but he sucked too much money out of my accounts for the mediocre returns he was getting me.

I finished up the state taxes for my businesses yesterday and got them sent out. I had problems with the POS Adobe pdf reader software that wouldn't let me print the forms with edits so I faked it out. I also made some progress on the seat mount kits yesterday and need to get at least one full set ready to ship in a day or two since it's been paid for.

I did get a little work done on the Nomad parts. The doors are essentially done and I cleaned out the weatherstrip mounting holes before paint. All I have to do on them is block the outer skin which are 95% done from before I removed them a few weeks ago (at least I hope they are). I put some seam sealer on the upper grille support plate and it's ready for the final primer as well.

I have the new firewall tacked into the Hemi55 and may do some welding on it today....gotta get it done and out of my shop.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Member #:3454
    Good Morning To All:

I an sitting at my desk having my second cup of coffee. It is the third day and this retirement thing is working ok. I am headed over this morning to pick up my new eye glasses and then stop at the tax office and get a set of trailer license. When I get back I am going to build a stand for a parking meter I restored (not to working condition). I am using an old brake rotor for the base and a metal fence post for the stand. I have a little welding to do on the rotor and cut the post to size and then assemble it. I polished the post yesterday with some 000 steel wool and metal polish and it looks pretty nice. I am going to use it as part of my car display. I will post a picture when I am done. Hope everybody has a good day.

Member #:1653
    Retirement! What a wonderfully over rated term. I have been for the last 5 years and at times feel like I'm doing more rather than less. The good part; I'm doing more on customer cars rather than a few hours a night and weekends. Today's chore is finish the hinges on the 57 and machine the dash trim for the Bronco.

Member #:115
    Been sitting here this morning watching the stock market continue to crash. Oh well, my experience is that it always comes back when the investors stop being so scared about every little stupid thing.

I didn't get as much done yesterday as I'd hoped. I was building seat mount kits and a guy from Colorado Springs showed up and spent a couple of hours chatting. I thought he was a frame customer but he has a Newman frame he bought as a project that he's trying to put together. I did get the kit done that I need to ship today, and mostly done with a few others. I also did a little work on the Hemi55 brake pedal parts.

This morning I have to work on getting some more documentation to the bank for a HELOC I'm trying to take out to eventually buy some land. Everyone tells me this is the best source of tax-free money you can access and my home has gone up a lot in value. Speaking of retirement, it's unbelievable how hard they make it to take out your OWN home equity when you're retired and have a lot of assets, but little income. I only take what I need out of my IRAs to supplement other income to pay my bills. There needs to be different qualification requirements for retirees than for those still working.

Hopefully I'll have time to shoot that primer on the Nomad parts today.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast