Just joined? Please introduce yourself.
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Morning Thread

Registered Member

Member #:3360
    Will Mother Nature play another prank on us here, Rained all day yesterday about 3in and hard, this morning at 8:15 the wind has been blowing between 30 - 40 mph a tree up the road came down and took the power out. Power came back on at 11:00. Started snowing again and the wind is still blowing, I looked down at the dogs and I think they have the right id, they are both snoring. Lunch soon then out to the garage. Everyone have a good day ours has to get better soon????

Member #:3217
    My *plan* today was to get on the phone wtih Holley tech support and try to get enough information on their LS accessory drive kits to know what to order (between the 20-131, 20-137, and 20-185) OR try to find the best GM numbers to order... Unfortunately, we had a strong storm BLOW thru late last night (70+ mph straight line winds for a few minutes), and that kept me up later... and this morning when I got up to find shingles missing, cladding on the eaves blown off and stripped, and a tree down in my yard... so I still haven't called Holley as yet (my plans are pretty easily disrupted which cause 'replans')..

If any of you have used any of these kits I'd love to hear about your experience. I'd like the components to be 'tight' to the block, which is what the 20-185 provides, but also not to protrude farther towards the front (and the rad/fans/etc).

Member #:115
    Holy cow you guys sound like you're getting some nasty weather. We're in the 60's for the highs and have had very little snow this past winter. Snow showers are expected Friday (50% chance) but they've forecasted snow a few times and it hasn't happened. April is one of our snowiest months.
    56 Nomad, Ramjet 502, Viper 6-speed T56, C4 Corvette front and rear suspension

Other vehicles:

56 Chevy 2-door BelAir sedan
    56 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    57 Chevy 210 4-door sedan
    1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S
    2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
    2019 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax

Registered Member

Member #:2643
    82º and sunny here. Just sayin'.......
    Dave, from the old neighborhood in Jersey!

Geez guys, one more post about LS accessories and you need to start your own thread about it. You're as bad as RD.

Other vehicles:

1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S

Member #:3454
    Good morning everybody. Weather here is overcast but is supposed to be partly sunny today. At least there is no rain. I didn't get my parking meter put together yesterday so that is on the agenda this morning. Three of my buddies are having a retirement party for me this afternoon so my wife and is will be headed out for that about 3:30. That is pretty much the agenda for this old recently retired guy. Hope everybody has a good day.

Registered Member

Member #:3360
    I thought this was the good morning thread, any way snow's on the ground just a coating but it is still white s#*# I had enough rain and snow for at least a couple of days. Glad I'm retired 3yrs but I want sun and warm weather!!!! Beer and the garage door open, oh well have a good day everyone and remember be nice to one and all the Big Guy is watching. I'll finish my coffee now and head to garage with my two buddy's Max and Sadie.

Unfortunately I spent WAY too much time yesterday getting all my 1099Rs for the past 3 years to the loan officer at the bank. My "wealth manager" moved my money around a couple of times in the past 5 years and I wasn't getting paper tax forms. One of my accounts had even been completely deleted so I had to figure out how to get the 1099R for 2017 taxes. Glad I'm controlling almost all of this now......and not paying the exorbitant "management" fees.

Once I got into the shop I decided to hit the Hemi55. I welded and ground the top and sides of the new firewall. Today I plan to do some more welding on it, and hopefully finish it soon. It's been in my shop way too long and I have other projects waiting so I need to get it done....plus the owner is loaning me his enclosed trailer to haul my Nomad to the painter.

I did manage to do a little work on the Nomad. I blocked the driver's fender with guide coat and it came out really nice. I have some very minor touchup priming to do and then the final sanding. Both fenders have factory "ripples" in the very inboard fenderwell lip and I'm not sure what to do about them, if anything. I'll probably do a little hammer and dolly work and some blocking on them, especially where they're visible like behind the tire. I just don't want to be saying "I wish I'd done more on that" after paint.

Other vehicles:

1962 327/340HP Corvette
    1961 Willys CJ3B Jeep
    2001 Porsche Boxster S

Member #:2442
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblock View Post
    I thought this was the good morning thread, any way snow's on the ground just a coating but it is still white s#*# I had enough rain and snow for at least a couple of days. Glad I'm retired 3yrs but I want sun and warm weather!!!! Beer and the garage door open, oh well have a good day everyone and remember be nice to one and all the Big Guy is watching. I'll finish my coffee now and head to garage with my two buddy's Max and Sadie.
    Your lucky to only have a coating. We got 10 to 12" of snow on Tuesday / Wednesday AM and it will be way below average high and low temps for at least the next 10 days or so. Our normal highs this time of year are around 50 degrees. The high for Friday is supposed to be 24 degrees with a low near zero Saturday morning. Feels more like January than April Guess I have another few weeks before I have to worry about getting any cars out for the summer season.

Registered Member

Member #:532
    Quote Originally Posted by chevynut View Post
    Geez guys, one more post about LS accessories and you need to start your own thread about it. You're as bad as RD.
    No problem, I'll stay out of it.... forever.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast